Nyem 24
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ask because there is a cool (to me anyway) game on Kickstarter that I'm hoping will get backed but its sort of limping along to its finish and I thought I'd at least post something here about it in case anyone was interested. Is there a place on here that can be done and it not be frowned upon as spam?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nyem24 wrote:
I ask because there is a cool (to me anyway) game on Kickstarter that I'm hoping will get backed but its sort of limping along to its finish and I thought I'd at least post something here about it in case anyone was interested. Is there a place on here that can be done and it not be frowned upon as spam?

It is generally frowned upon to post links to Kickstarter campaigns. I believe this is due to BGG generating revenue from the adds linking to active campaigns.

It is generally okay to post a link to a just launched campaign under the "Press Release" Forum.

It is also acceptable to discuss ongoing campaigns provided you do not include links to said campaign.

Out of curiosity, what is the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Kafka
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here might be another appropriate place to post:
Crowdfunding: Kickstarter

I wish I could say for certain what the relevant rules are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nyem 24
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all, i'll give that a shot!

It's called Churrascaria: A Cutthroat Game of Gluttony. Its a card game about the experience of eating in a Brazilian Steakhouse (Like a Texas De Brazil or Fogo De Chao, for example). I love those places so its right up my alley haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nyem24 wrote:
It's called Churrascaria: A Cutthroat Game of Gluttony.

I'm Brazilian, so the theme called my attention, but it lost me at "cutthroat".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
United States
Pottsboro
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm trying to reform though.
badge
On the restless road to nowhere, there's no certain peace it seems.
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
nyem24 wrote:
It's called Churrascaria: A Cutthroat Game of Gluttony.

I'm Brazilian, so the theme called my attention, but it lost me at "cutthroat".

I take it you didn't grow up with a little sister who would spear food off of your plate if you were distracted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie A
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
morris9597 wrote:
It is also acceptable to discuss ongoing campaigns provided you do not include links to said campaign.

Out of curiosity, what is the game?

That's not entirely wrong but it's not true either. If it looks/sounds like 'hype' it's liable to be handled just like a link - i.e. would be kinder not to be asking excited backers, creators, to list active crowdfunding specifics outside the appropriate forums.

"Linkless hype" is specifically not allowed in most areas of BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JosefK wrote:
Here might be another appropriate place to post:
Crowdfunding: Kickstarter

I wish I could say for certain what the relevant rules are.

Guide to Promoting Crowdfunds and Games on the Geek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.