Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found this link and was wondering if this is just a draft or the final rules?

http://**************************

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Matecha
United States
Florence
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this is the KICKSTARTER BACKER ONLY draft of the advanced rulebook.
As such, whether you are a backer or not I believe it is either illegal, against Boardgamegeek policy or at least bad form to post the link to it publicly.

I would advise editing your post to remove the link until Jeff chimes in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Fallow wrote:
I believe this is the KICKSTARTER BACKER ONLY draft of the advanced rulebook.
As such, whether you are a backer or not I believe it is either illegal, against Boardgamegeek policy or at least bad form to post the link to it publicly.

I would advise editing your post to remove the link until Jeff chimes in.

Since the pdf is for sale too, I agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacques Nel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be nice if Jeff could combine the low & high res copies available on DriveThruRPG into a single listing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Snider
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Kickstarter advanced rulebook the same content as the retail one?

Edit: And I agree that since this rulebook is for sale, you should really take down the link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quazai wrote:
Is the Kickstarter advanced rulebook the same content as the retail one?

Edit: And I agree that since this rulebook is for sale, you should really take down the link.

I'll take down the link then. I just found it on a google search so not sure why its freely available on the siadek website, I wasn't a backer so had no idea this was actually on sale anywhere. I would suggest the publisher remove the PDF link from google.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron H
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Pretty sure that was a draft of the quick start rules that come with the base game. Some draft of the quick start rules have been available on the kickstarter page for anyone to take a look at from the beginning.

The Advanced Rules are hundreds of pages long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a link to the advanced rules 100% I just found it on Google obviously had no idea it's a pay for product as it's been uploaded on the saidek website which Google spidered through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the link is now gone, I assume it was the one found at Jeff's website and is titled Rules of Engagement? These are an early draft of the Quickstart rules the advance rule bok was sent out on Drive Thru RPG and can't be found by a google search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Snider
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was definitely the advanced rules - unless the quickstart rules are 300 pages long....in which case I'd be afraid to see the full rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was definitely the advanced rules. It's title is 'BS_AdvancedRuleBookv**web'. I've changed the title enough so someone couldn't guess the link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Siadek
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for respecting our IP rights.

I'm torn because I want the game to thrive and be available to as many people as possible but I'm also trying to pay for shipping and if I have to quit doing this to get a day job, it will impact my ability to support the game.

A poster above lists it as "available for free at the siadek.com site"

This is technically accurate because I haven't protected it but I don't intend to give it away for free. It is as free as if I left my bicycle in my front yard without a lock. Please don't take it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand there is a way to keep the google spiders from scanning areas of your website, I'm not a html person but i vaguely remember it being as simple as adding a file to the directory. That would keep anyone from finding your files inadvertently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danrodz wrote:
From what I understand there is a way to keep the google spiders from scanning areas of your website, I'm not a html person but i vaguely remember it being as simple as adding a file to the directory. That would keep anyone from finding your files inadvertently.

The file is a simple text file named robots.txt
You describe what areas are ok and not ok for the spiders to scan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ourhero wrote:
Thank you all for respecting our IP rights.

I'm torn because I want the game to thrive and be available to as many people as possible but I'm also trying to pay for shipping and if I have to quit doing this to get a day job, it will impact my ability to support the game.

A poster above lists it as "available for free at the siadek.com site"

This is technically accurate because I haven't protected it but I don't intend to give it away for free. It is as free as if I left my bicycle in my front yard without a lock. Please don't take it.

Hi Jeff, Totally understand that's why I immediately took down the link once I was informed it is a paid for product. I actually was searching for the rules of the game and Google popped this link up. I would really advise either using robot.txt to protect it or delete the file as it's quite easy to find at the moment and unlocked bikes tend to get stolen unfortunately. I want the hardback version anyhow so really looking forward to UK suppliers stocking the game. Will I also be able to get the Advanced Rulebook in the UK as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey V

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
designer
publisher
GROWL Kickstarter LIVE - TinyUrl.com/GROWLKS
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that was just the quick start rules, which I personally think should be free anyhow. But the quick start rules from the old KS updates is very out of date.

The final version of 300 page book is hopefully not on the website and if it is, then it is almost definitely out of date as well. So Jeff, look into that!

joey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.