Subject: Deliberately failing an attempt to solve rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheating? Or a means to an end? Cycling out a diagram even though it means ending your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DIFFLOCK wrote:
Cheating? Or a means to an end? Cycling out a diagram even though it means ending your turn.

Solo or multiplayer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your thoughts on both.. ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DIFFLOCK wrote:
Your thoughts on both.. ?

It could be a possible strategy, but I'm struggling to think of when. It seems like it would be a wasted action, especially in solo when you are often limited to the number of rounds you have. As you can discard diagrams if necessary when you have more than 3, why not just ignore the diagram you want to cycle through and draw a new one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can attempt to solve in addition to the two action on the dice. I guess I was thinking more of solo where it might be "useful" if you lose track of things, without sacrificing either of your available action dice.

Then again, maybe I'm not thinking this through straight. I'm not sure now!

To gain new diagrams takes an action or occasionally you gain one from successfully solving a diagram.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DIFFLOCK wrote:
You can attempt to solve in addition to the two action on the dice. I guess I was thinking more of solo where it might be "useful" if you lose track of things, without sacrificing either of your available action dice.

To gain new diagrams takes an action or occasionally you gain one from successfully solving a diagram.

So basically, you are gaining a look at all of the mechanisms at the end of your turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
briezee wrote:
DIFFLOCK wrote:

So basically, you are gaining a look at all of the mechanisms at the end of your turn?

No. You can look at one. If you are right about the guess, you go on looking. If not, you stop without looking at the other ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.