Subject: The definition of a semi-Cooperative game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Petter Schanke Olsen
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Im designing a game where there can be only one winner. If one of two conditions are met, everybody loses.

Does this qualify as a Semi-cooperative game?

More details about the game:
The winner is the player with the most points after 4 turns. Points can be gained through various individual activities.

Everybody loses when all capitols on the map are controlled by the enemy or if all enemy tokens are on the map at the end of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Helton
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like one to me, but to be honest, I don't know if I can define it exactly.

IMHO, Terraforming Mars is kind of a semi-cooperative game.
Everyone is working toward getting Mars terraformed, but each player (Corporation) is individually working toward that goal, (although sometimes building on their fellow players handiwork), and there is only one winner.

(Although in real life, all of mankind would be the winner were this to come to pass. Probably not in my lifetime though.) shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See also this thread:

The definition of a semi-Cooperative game

I recommend consolidation of thoughts, instead of posting the exact same question in two places.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.