Subject: First Journey campaign question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing a 3-player game. It seems you can easily get infinite souls by farming. On the three tiles on the way to the miniboss, we can earn 18 souls. Then we can use a spark to start over. Now we spend 6 souls to get that spark back, go earn 18 more again, and repeat indefinitely until you have the best equipment.

What am I missing here besides this being pretty boring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're correct.
Just like in the video game, you can earn as much exp as your want, if you grind the area over and over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
I'm playing a 3-player game. It seems you can easily get infinite souls by farming. On the three tiles on the way to the miniboss, we can earn 18 souls. Then we can use a spark to start over. Now we spend 6 souls to get that spark back, go earn 18 more again, and repeat indefinitely until you have the best equipment.

What am I missing here besides this being pretty boring?

You miss nothing and it is indeed incredibly boring. These rules do nothing except make the game more of a grind than it needs to be. After trying it two or three times I gave up on Dark Souls completely.
So do yourself a favor and don't try the campaign mode as written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Devos
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also just not do that and just play with what you find. It's not because you can grind that you must grind

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.