Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Steampunk Rally» Forums » Rules

Subject: Receiving Dice/Cogs for discarded cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
with the ability to discard parts on your machine at any point my question is, when you discard these cards do you get the dice/cogs in the top right corner too?

scenario 1: during the draft phase I pick my first card and add it to my machine. The next card I decided I want will only fit in the spot I just placed the previous card. Can I discard this recently played card (first card - played during the drafting phase) and still get the dice/cogs then place my second card if we are still in the draft phase?

scenario 2: During the venting/race phase can I discard parts for the dice/cogs (even if the card is full of used spots)

or is the only time you get the dice/cogs when you purposely discard the card during the drafting phase.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only get cogs when you discard during the drafting phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Can I discard pre existing cards attached to my machine (from previous turns) during drafting phase to get dice/cogs?

and what about the first scenario mentioned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xris Wraith
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither scenario 1 nor 2 is correct, but your last paragraph is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
basically whenever you pick a card, you immediately decide if you want to "add to your machine" or to discard it for cogs/dice... and you do this decision 4 times each round.

so no you can't discard a previous added card for its cogs/dice once you have it on your tableu.... you can though discard it to make space for other cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The commenters are correct! Basically, the only time you get something in exchange for discarding a part is when you discard it INSTEAD of installing it - once its attached to your machine, it's no longer eligible.

(Exceptions exist in current and future Boost cards.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.