Popular Tags: [View All]
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I create this post to follow the development of the game called Prehistory. Time by time I will try to summarize the milestones that the game's development achieve. Not intend to have long and boring description, just tell a few words about what happened lately during the design process.

These are my personal notes, but I'm opened to have a real conversation about the game, if anyone have questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
- I finished the current graphical update on the prototype. Also applied some minor changes in the gameplay and in balance.
- We had some major test with the newest prototype. We also tested a mechanism to keep the action/pricing tiles more stable on the boards. The solution works well. We will upload some real life pictures later.
- Today I finished a rendered setup, using the current prototype graphics. I just uploaded 4 from these to BGG. Now I continue with the rulebook...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
- Nearly 50% of the graphical editing is ready for the current rulebook. Probably we can start the English translation on the next week, so we can have a public version soon.
And uhh, I just did a calculation. Currently we have 455 components in the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
- Changed the layout for the trail type hunting cards.
- Uploaded the Hungarian rules for the current version (v0.8). It is not proofreaded, but ready to be public. On BGG it is waiting for acceptance, but already available on our site: http://a-games.hu/en/games/prehistory.html
- English translation started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
- Simplified rules for the fishing and hunting action (spring).
- Minor change in the drawing action bonuses.
- Creating testable setup on Tabletopia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G P
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you going to be playtesting on Tabletopia, or will it be just be accessable as a pre release way to play the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
LucidiousCreed wrote:
Are you going to be playtesting on Tabletopia, or will it be just be accessable as a pre release way to play the game?

It will be testable. We have to learn and test the system, so at first only based on invites. But later probably there will be an open test setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G P
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know! Excited to see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
- The 1st raw English rulebook is online.
- Preparation is ongiong for the KS campaign. Currently we estimate the campaign start in the second half of January 2018.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloegr Lloegr
France
flag msg tools
Hello,

Thanks for these informations.

Would you work with Pixie Games for a french version ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Lloegr wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for these informations.

Would you work with Pixie Games for a french version ?

French rules will be included by default as always (language independent). Lately we worked with Pixie several times, I think that will be the case this time too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janus Basnov
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Any closer on deciding a date for the KS campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Culkasi wrote:
Any closer on deciding a date for the KS campaign?

Yes, we just decided to announce it.
6th of February (2018)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B C
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vortex7777 wrote:
LucidiousCreed wrote:

It will be testable. We have to learn and test the system, so at first only based on invites. But later probably there will be an open test setup.

How long until open test setup? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
fjaoaoaoao wrote:
vortex7777 wrote:
LucidiousCreed wrote:

How long until open test setup? laugh

Here is the link: http://a-games.hu/jatekok/temp/prehistorytest.html
- It is not the latest, but the gameplay is the same (especially as Tabletopia is manually played). The latest version has several graphical update, also some balance (mostly with cards).
- The English rulebook is currently being updated to the latest version (0.9). Some minor change were made above on the component's pictures.

Edit: Just uploaded the 0.9 English rules to our homepage (our translator will check it later for mistakes): http://a-games.hu/downloads/Prehistory_0.9ENG.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McPherson
Australia
Tuggeranong
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter is looking great! Any chance of having slightly different player colours to the resources (or vice-versa)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
samc1078 wrote:
Kickstarter is looking great! Any chance of having slightly different player colours to the resources (or vice-versa)?

Possible, but that is only a cosmetic change before the production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.