Subject: Major Arcana & randomness rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bourg Ghislain
France
Dijon
flag msg tools
Hi,

I really love this game, its theme, arts and fast pace. In my humble opinion, the main issue is the randomness of the major arcana.

Here a little variant I suggest :

> When you draw a Major Arcana during the Initiative Draw, you keep it in your hand. Major Arcana are always stronger than Minor Arcana's tarot rank. If multiple players draw Major Arcana, the player with the card with the Higher rank goes first. In case of a tie, all players keep the drawn card and the tied players draw another card.
> When you draw a Major Arcana during the Draw Action, you keep it in your hand.
> When you draw a Major Arcana during the Fate Draw, you put the card in your Mystick Cross (or discard it if the cross is full).

> At the beginning of your turn, as a free action before your move, you can play one Major Arcana from your hand and place it in the first empty space of your mystic cross : you apply its effect but it doesn't count as an automatic success if your next move is a Challenge. If your mystic cross is full, you can't play a Major Arcana. In order to remember that, you can rotate Major Arcana played in your mystic cross before your move, with its title pointing toward you.

NB : if you play one of the following Major Arcanas from your hand, your move must be a Challenge during this turn : "I. The Magician" (Wand), "The High Priestess" (Sword), "IV The Emperor" (Pentacle), "The Lovers" (Cups). The played Major Arcana doesn't count as a success but its effect is applied.
NB : If you play the "Wheel of Fortune" from your hand, you can make two moves on your turn (the second move can't be a "draw" move), but you can't play another Major Arcana.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.