6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Ordering from Feldherr (Germany) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S A
msg tools
mbmb
I'm considering ordering some of Feldherr's foam trays for Star Wars Imperial Assault expansions.

Have any of you ordered from them before? If so, were you happy with the quality of the products and the service?

While the trays themselves are pretty affordable, shipping would be kinda high, so really mulling this over.

(Alternately, if you know of someone that sells foam trays for the expansions here in the U.S. please let me know - I'm not patient enough to make them myself )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Powers
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One thing you can do to offset the shipping cost is to order extras (either for people that you know want them, or just to sell once you get them).

This can bring the cost per unit down significantly.

Another option is to contact a US retailer and see if they want to start carrying them. They can import them in bulk and also get them at wholesale.

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rapp
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've ordered from them. Shipping took a few weeks, but they kept me in the loop. Love their foam. But check amazon for Feldherr foam and bags first - newer stuff won't be available, but after a few months it is on stock in the US and you won't have to wait or pay extra for shipping. (For example, I had a painted up Doom set and wanted the foam for the box. Bought it from Germany, loved it. Now you can get it from amazon.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kosta
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
epoverb1 wrote:
But check amazon for Feldherr foam and bags first - newer stuff won't be available, but after a few months it is on stock in the US and you won't have to wait or pay extra for shipping.

This. Amazon has many of their products, even if some of them aren't the easiest to find. I have their Zombicide Season 1 organizer and I bought a bundle with one of their Maxi bags for my X-Wing collection since I can't stand using Planos or tool boxes. I love both items. They're high quality and the foam is soft enough to be able to remove the items in the compartments but sturdy enough to protect them during transportation. I definitely plan to get some more stuff from them for some other games (and additional X-Wing ships...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
MrsSpider wrote:
I'm considering ordering some of Feldherr's foam trays for Star Wars Imperial Assault expansions.

Have any of you ordered from them before? If so, were you happy with the quality of the products and the service?

While the trays themselves are pretty affordable, shipping would be kinda high, so really mulling this over.

(Alternately, if you know of someone that sells foam trays for the expansions here in the U.S. please let me know - I'm not patient enough to make them myself )

I have the one that fits in the box for core imperial assault. I bought it from Amazon @ $25. The top piece fits the core minis great, however I don't love the card slots on the bottom as I have sleeved all of my cards and they don't really fit well. What else would you like to know about it?

Amazon also has a bunch of the expansion boxes at the same link above and has their half size foam system here

These are all prime shipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S A
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks so much everyone!

Apologies for the late reply, I totally forgot I posted this blush

Off to Amazon to look for the inserts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.