Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Dice fest - just to be not in Essen... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thom En
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really love how they manage to be not in Essen. [Essen is in contrast to GEN CON the biggest convention of board games with 174 000 people last year (GEN CON 60 000 plus) and SPIEL '17 has this year 72.000 qm exhibition space (2016: 66.000 qm). SO IT IS QUIT A LOT BIGGER Also with regard to new game releases.]
If they were there, they would have to face all the European backers, instead they simply make their own party and celebrate themselves. And we in Europe do not even get information (update) when the rest is sent. It's just sad!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
I don’t think you’re using the unique visitors stat for Essen. Using your measurement for attendance, Gencon had attendance of over 200,000, so it’s bigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skolo
Netherlands
R`dam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"gencon biggest non video game gaming con, Essen is biggest board game trade show. comparing apples to oranges"

71 days since last update by FFP
280 days since last comment by FFP
4 years ago project was funded and our money was collected by FFP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
spaxsen wrote:
I really love how they manage to be not in Essen.

Probably because they are a small company from the US. Travel costs to GenCon and Essen are not comparable for them.

Quote:
It's just sad!

Careful or you’ll sound like a certain infamous American!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.J.
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now it makes so much more sense why they didn't show up at SoDak Con. THE ABSOLUTE BIGGEST GEEK CONVENTION IN SOUTH DAKOTA! Hell, we even have real badlands next store.

Come on FFP guys, your motives are so transparent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skolo wrote:
"gencon biggest non video game gaming con, Essen is biggest board game trade show. comparing apples to oranges"

We deserve an update I see a lot of people getting their MC already but none in Europe yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom En
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
spaxsen wrote:
I really love how they manage to be not in Essen.

Probably because they are a small company from the US. Travel costs to GenCon and Essen are not comparable for them.

- true, but they could make a god damn update!

Dormammu wrote:
spaxsen wrote:
It's just sad!

Careful or you’ll sound like a certain infamous American!

- true, that was my intention!

Burning Monkey wrote:
I don’t think you’re using the unique visitors stat for Essen. Using your measurement for attendance, Gencon had attendance of over 200,000, so it’s bigger.

- fake news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
skolo wrote:

Once the box hits your doorstep you'll forget all about that.
Believe me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. T.
Germany
Ahnatal
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hoped they would be in Essen too. Jumped on the SoB Train lately and there is no time for other games, so i'm trying to complete the stuff for SoB.
I hoped to snatch some (all) supplements and the mission pack mega set in Essen but now it seems the only way to get them is through the FFP online shop.
350$ + 67$ shippment + 7-19% taxes is only 100 bucks less than i paid for the whole retail stuff (2 Core Boxes, CoC, Frontier Town, Trederra, Derelict Ship and all the Enemies + Gates in my BGG Collection, i think i bought the Sand Kraken somewhere else).
So it seems a little high priced for the missions and some cards.
Maybe i should wait for the missions to hit retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.