Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Allen
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you found this page by accident, you already know about Pocket Landship. So, first of all, thank you for your interest in and support of the original game.

Pocket Landship is a 9 card game that I think works well. So, first of all, this expansion isn't a "fix". If you like Pocket Landship as it is, great, keep playing it as it is.

This expansion is my attempt (with the help of others) to simply expand the game, to add a little more decision making to the game, and make the game a little longer.

Make the game longer:
This was simple - add more enemies. So, now instead of facing 6 enemy cards, the player faces 9. I just copied the back side enemy units onto the new card page.

Add some more decision making:
I added 6 new ways to attack the enemy, called "Strike cards" (3 double sided cards).

At the beginning of the game select 2 of these. Each Strike card needs 2 of a certain die roll to "activate" it. So, instead of allocating all dice rolled to the 3 landship cards, one or more may be allocated to the Strike cards.

So, you are taking away 2 actions from your landship to activate one of these cards, but the results of the Strike cards can be fairly powerful.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael MS
Australia
DUBBO
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
- Don't touch me !!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, going to give a try and I put my comments, gameplay and pictures here. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any guide to which strike cards have are paired back to front?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
skeletonhat wrote:
Is there any guide to which strike cards have are paired back to front?

The cards are shown above as they are on the front and back of a page (if you print double sided). So:

> Mine Field + Disable the Tracks

> Artillery Strike + Smoke Screen

> Bomber strike + Airship Recon

I tend to believe that Artillery Strike (because it can damage 2 or 4 units) and Smoke Screen (because it can get you out of a jam) are 2 of the 3 most valuable cards, so I put those back to back, so you can only choose 1. But, to be honest, I don't know how much the game would change if these were 6 single sided cards to choose 2 from.

Hope you enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianni Soldati
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the expansion yesterday and I will print it tomorrow.
Meanshile I read the rules. My english is far from perfection so I have a question.
Let's say that I activated one of the strike cards.
Now that the card is active I can use it as much ad I want (once for turn)?
Some of the strike cards must be placed in a particular position on the board.
Once I put the strike card in a position can I move it again during the game?
About the dice. I throw my three (or 4) dice. I want to use the strike card so I use one die for the strike card.
Now I can use only the remaining 2 dice for the normal cards? Or all of the three dice can now be used for the common cards?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kotetsujeeg wrote:
I found the expansion yesterday and I will print it tomorrow.
Meanshile I read the rules. My english is far from perfection so I have a question.

Welcome. I was just looking at all the countries the original game has been played in (according to recorded plays and ratings), and noticed no one yet from Italy. So, I am very glad you are here.
Landships Are Deployed in Over a Dozen Countries

By the way, my Italian is non-existent.

kotetsujeeg wrote:
Let's say that I activated one of the strike cards.
Now that the card is active I can use it as much ad I want (once for turn)?
Some of the strike cards must be placed in a particular position on the board.
Once I put the strike card in a position can I move it again during the game?

Once "activated", a strike card is used once any time you want to use it (it doesn't have to be the turn after it is activated).

After it is used though, it is reset. You will need to activate it again to use it again.

kotetsujeeg wrote:
About the dice. I throw my three (or 4) dice. I want to use the strike card so I use one die for the strike card.
Now I can use only the remaining 2 dice for the normal cards? Or all of the three dice can now be used for the common cards?

Thanks.

All 3 dice can still be used for your normal landship cards (Hull, Cannon, Sponsons, or whatever).

Hope that helps. If not, keep asking.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianni Soldati
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All clear.
I didn't know of that thread about how many countries the game is played. So I added myself too.

Thank you for your help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.