Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fnorbl Fnorblobson
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there.

I created in my spare time a website, that is supposed to help finding other gamers near you. Now, my website is still quite basic, and I know there are other versions out there, but so far it works and I will add more features over time.

You just share your location and game collection, set who can see and/or contact you, and that's it.

Right now you will need Facebook, but I will later add other options to sign in.

I've not made any advertisement for it or whatever yet, so you'd be basically the first to have a look at it.

Any feedback would be nice, thanks.

Link: https://www.boardgamefriendlocator.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben
Germany
Gönnheim
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
This is a sloth. It accurately represents my style of life.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that the main focus is on the huge map

However, it seems the "game collection" and "settings" buttons don't do anything? Using Chrome on Windows 10.

Edit: Nevermind, after a refresh the buttons started to work. Would be nice if I was able to import my game collection right from BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fnorbl Fnorblobson
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dienes wrote:
I like that the main focus is on the huge map

However, it seems the "game collection" and "settings" buttons don't do anything? Using Chrome on Windows 10.

Edit: Nevermind, after a refresh the buttons started to work. Would be nice if I was able to import my game collection right from BGG.

Thanks for checking it out.

Yes, additional features that I plan to implement next are a custom info box and a selection for the languages you can speak. Importing the BGG collection would be great too. I can't use BGGs regular API for doing so, as I might at some point put some ads on the website. But I might add a button where you can simply copy and paste your BGG list into a textbox and all the games will then be added. Another idea was to add a system to thumbs up great boardgame hosts, or use additional colored / styles markers to show people with huge collections, who are board game experts or new to the hobby and so on. Lots of ideas, but I can only spare a couple of hours after work every now and then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fnorbl Fnorblobson
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions.

I now added an option to import your BGG collection. I also changed the markers on the map, so that their shape shows whether the users location is an approximation or accurate, and that the color of the marker shows how large the users collection is.

Well, I'll add some more features in the days/weeks to come, but you only got so much sparetime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt LMandri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you,

Looks really good. Hopefully it will get some users so it can be useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fnorbl Fnorblobson
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sydeshow4 wrote:
Thank you,

Looks really good. Hopefully it will get some users so it can be useful.

Thanks. Once I added more features I'll probably pay a little bit of money for some ads to see where this leads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.