2 Posts

New York Slice» Forums » Rules

Subject: Why the removal of so many slices for 2 player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Geran
Canada
flag msg tools
I have not played the game yet, but did read the rules. What is the function of removing 10 meat lovers, 8 mushrooms, 3 veggies & 8/10 combo? What the harm if you didn't remove them?

FWIW we would most likely be playing 2 player with the slicer cutting up 4 sections to be divided back and forth 4 times.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geran
Canada
flag msg tools
We have played a two player game three times now. Really enjoyable game and we love the theme.

First game was as per rule book. Second was as per rule book but instead of slicing pizza into 2 sections we sliced it into 4 sections going back and forth until the 4 sections were gone. We liked this better and it made you think a little more about what you are doing and the more possibilities it creates, especially when adding the daily special. I guess as the slicer I know there will be some good slices for me as the non-slicer isn't taking half the pizza from the get go.

The third game we played like the second game but didn't remove all the slices mention in my question above. We both agreed this was even better yet. It added more playing time which we liked (45 minutes vs. 30 minutes), and again it just added more to think about and certainly more variety of pizzas. Also with all slices in play some of the daily specials hold more value. We didn't see any drawbacks to playing with all the slices (minus the three set aside) and will likely continue with this method.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.