Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi to all Nerds and Geeks!

I recently bought an organizer for my favourite board game SCYTHE from Broken Token. It is great, but not cheap. After finding out, how good an organizer is, I was happy that there are non for Andor. Yeah...

These people want to produce organizers for many games, including Andor I - III. 24€ (for Germany) per organizer seems a really good price. Just have a look!

http://www.game-drs.de/

Andor I & New Heroes:
http://www.game-drs.de/products/leva/

Andor II & Starshield:
http://www.game-drs.de/products/leva-nord/

Andor III & Dark Heroes:
http://www.game-drs.de/products/leva-hoff/

I am not friends with or related to the guys/girls selling them. Nor do I recommend buying the organizers as I do not know the quality. I just want inform you. That's all :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for keeping us informed

Looks interesting - right now I have everything crammed into 1 box, so I was hoping to find an organizer to combine as many of the games into 1 box as possible

I'll certainly check out the Kickstarter when it arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
These do not look very good.

- Star Shield is boxed with Andor II, but it uses only parts from Andor I. Conversely, New Heroes can actually be used with II. They should be packed the other way around.

- Very little spare room. Definitely no space for Kirr or Orfen, and it's hard to guess how much room for legends, the new figures and event cards, or fan stuff.

- Weird layout choices. Fenn's items in a separate compartment than Fenn. All the creatures in a single compartment which also has the Dark Herald. Legend 1 special parts all over the place. The money looks quite cramped. Bosses mixed in with the regular skeletons. Not clear how small boards fit in anywhere. Where's the dragon?

- "Only available during Kickstarter" is a red flag. The only capital outlay is for the laser cutter itself, which they should already have; everything else should be marginal cost and capable of small batch production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
piman wrote:

- "Only available during Kickstarter" is a red flag. The only capital outlay is for the laser cutter itself, which they should already have; everything else should be marginal cost and capable of small batch production.

Don't forget the time to design everything.

I would be tempted for all 3 if an overall box would be added, with the 3 boxes as drawers. SO it does not matter where what bonus is stored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
piman wrote:

- Star Shield is boxed with Andor II, but it uses only parts from Andor I. Conversely, New Heroes can actually be used with II. They should be packed the other way around.

- Very little spare room. Definitely no space for Kirr or Orfen, and it's hard to guess how much room for legends, the new figures and event cards, or fan stuff.

- Weird layout choices. Fenn's items in a separate compartment than Fenn. All the creatures in a single compartment which also has the Dark Herald. Legend 1 special parts all over the place. The money looks quite cramped. Bosses mixed in with the regular skeletons. Not clear how small boards fit in anywhere. Where's the dragon?

YMMV whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falko Jäger
Germany
Berlin
Deutschland (DE)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
piman wrote:

You are of course entitled to your opinion and if you don't like our product that is totally fine. But as the one who designed the LEVA series inserts I feel the need to comment on the points you raised

- New Heroes in Andor I and Star Shield in Andor II: I wanted the full choice of heroes with the base game and the two expansions (Journey North & Star Shield), which can both only be played with the base game, in the other box, as this feels logical to me. I stand by this choice.

- Room for print-out stuff and fan legends: All 3 boxes are chock-full with the official components alone. Do not forget that we integrate the contents of 3 small boxes. Planning spare room for fan legends was never the goal. However, in the Andor I box is enough space in the legend card tray for several extra legends.

- Layout: It is unfortunate that our images show Fenn's items separate from his standees. A little oversight while taking the pictures. But it all fits together in the Fenn compartment. Rest assured that the hero boards and the dragon have their designated places as well.

- Kickstarter only: I think your irritation stems from the way we worded this message on our website. The intention was to inform that our website is not a shop (as we got a lot of questions about this) and the next chance to buy something from us would be on Kickstarter. It is actually very possible that we will create a webshop, depending on how our Kickstarter goes. We changed the message now to make this clearer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gfseris wrote:
piman wrote:

You are of course entitled to your opinion and if you don't like our product that is totally fine. But as the one who designed the LEVA series inserts I feel the need to comment on the points you raised

- New Heroes in Andor I and Star Shield in Andor II: I wanted the full choice of heroes with the base game and the two expansions (Journey North & Star Shield), which can both only be played with the base game, in the other box, as this feels logical to me. I stand by this choice.

- Room for print-out stuff and fan legends: All 3 boxes are chock-full with the official components alone. Do not forget that we integrate the contents of 3 small boxes. Planning spare room for fan legends was never the goal. However, in the Andor I box is enough space in the legend card tray for several extra legends.

- Layout: It is unfortunate that our images show Fenn's items separate from his standees. A little oversight while taking the pictures. But it all fits together in the Fenn compartment. Rest assured that the hero boards and the dragon have their designated places as well.

- Kickstarter only: I think your irritation stems from the way we worded this message on our website. The intention was to inform that our website is not a shop (as we got a lot of questions about this) and the next chance to buy something from us would be on Kickstarter. It is actually very possible that we will create a webshop, depending on how our Kickstarter goes. We changed the message now to make this clearer.

Falko, you are fine as long as you can validly counter arguments/critique. No worries, mate. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
mbmbmbmbmb
I just backed them, so I hope they actually ARE good - but I am quite sure that they will keep what they promise :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
The LEVA-BOBO answers a lot of my criticism, and I plan to get it and probably LEVA-HOFF as a late pledge. (I still can't handle NH and SS being in the "wrong" boxes.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They arrived some time ago. And...

They are good, really good. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.