4 Posts

Arboretum» Forums » General

Subject: Playing Arboretum with an "I Go" deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dakota Aull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you looking to play Arboretum, but aren't able to obtain the game, you can use an "I Go" deck to do the job. Sure, you won't get the pretty artwork or score sheets, but the deck contains 1 to 8 in 10 different suits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Startling illumination for me, because I already have this and it never occurred to me.

Likely deflation for others, it took a while for me to find my copy six months ago and research right now shows thin or non-existent retail possibilities also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Beiser
Taiwan
flag msg tools
You can also play it with the Badger Deck of cards. 10 suits A-K plus some special roles in each suit.

We played it last week with a Rage! deck but that can only support 2 players (6 suits). Looks like a great game but I think it will shine with 3-4 players.

http://www.drivethrucards.com/product/130446/The-Badger-Deck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also get Lords of Scotland (1-12 in 8 Suits). Though, it will only allow up to 3 players. The new edition looks nice. I personally prefer it to Arboretum as well.

You could also play Topiary using Lords of Scotland/Arboretum if you have some meeples kicking around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.