United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
"Dude, what does mine say?"
badge
"Sweet, what does mine say?"
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the real possibility that Restoration Games gets a crack at this one and brings it back? Done a great job so far and now is tackling Fireball Island... just was curious is someone has the 411 on this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Not going to happen. Shared IP, recent controversy, and Games Workshop (who were never keen on others using their stuff to begin with, and who have now pulled their head in after experimenting with FFG).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GZ is already making a new version
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trae Lenox
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GZ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dallasstars945 wrote:
GZ?

Gamezone miniatures

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/155250/heroquest-25th-an...

Too much controversy to summarize here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
dallasstars945 wrote:
GZ?

Game Zone. Spanish company that has taken a chunk of money through a (dubious) crowd-funding (after being kicked off 1, maybe 2, previous crowd-funding sites) campaign in order to make a "25th anniversary edition". Blatantly ignoring applicable IP laws (of which they are fully aware, including deliberately misleading statements such as claims that they have the rights, when it can be easily established that they do not), and showing very little activity or product for all that money. I fully expect them to quietly fade away without ever producing anything except endless press releases. Their fervent supporters won't go so quietly.

But if they did happen to produce and ship something, there would be lawsuits and it would be impounded upon arrival in the US at the very least, and probably elsewhere (Hasborg, although it has no interest in doing anything with such a niche IP, takes the IP it owns, in this case the HeroQuest trademark and copyright, very seriously indeed. So does Games Workshop, who may or may not still hold some IP here as well).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzer wrote:
GZ is already making a new version

You and I have different definitions of "making".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trae Lenox
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure I'm gonna count that as bringing it back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:

You and I have different definitions of "making".

But they have boxes full of minis whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Davies
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Koneko: A PvP worker placement game set in a very Feline Feudal Japan........
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, they can release a game with the HQ name all they want, GZs will never truly be HQ.

I wish down to my bones that Resto Games could take this on but alas, I fear this will never be the case. The best thing a designer could do would be to essentially rip off the game, give it a new name, new art and some modernized rules then go ahead.I'd be okay with that as I'd understand what they were trying to accomplish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.