Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

XenoShyft: Dreadmire» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Solo mode difficult? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Barringer
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Does anyone else find the solo (one lane) mode really difficult? I have played Onslaught solo close to 20 times and only lost a couple of those games. However, I've won just 1 of my 6 solo plays of Dreadmire so far. My most effective strategy has actually been to use mostly wave two troops through the final two waves and then load up on powerful item cards. I know I can raise the base's health, but I'd like to find a way to balance it instead.

Any thoughts? Effective combos? Better strategies?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo is tough. I find it easier when playing onslaught enemies. I combine the two so it just depends on the cards. I do lose a lot though. Lol
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Barringer
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
I considered that. I'll try mixing the enemies next time!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I'm really strapped for time or space, I always try to play two lanes solo to mitigate bad luck/card draws.

Having a second "player" means you have backup and division synergies to share. It doesn't make Dreadmire easy, but it may reduce your frustration.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Barringer
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
xBino wrote:
Unless I'm really strapped for time or space, I always try to play two lanes solo to mitigate bad luck/card draws.

Having a second "player" means you have backup and division synergies to share. It doesn't make Dreadmire easy, but it may reduce your frustration.


I guess I need to bite the bullet. It's really a time issue more than anything; I usually look to get a game knocked out in ~30 minutes. I actually keep the game set up and ready to go in our guest bedroom for that reason. Maybe I'll just have to play 4 or 5 rounds at a time and finish a game every other time I sit down.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Davydov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to soloing with 2 lanes.
I played Onslaught solo with one lane and found that... simply put, I don't like it this way. I prefer 2 or 4 lanes soloplay, be it Onslaught or Dreadmire. My best spot is 3 lanes.
Some reasons are named. Let me add one more: I find that Xenoshyft is GREAT at the aspect of player cooperation (or, "lanes' cooperation"). With 1 lane only, the cooperation part is out.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
z10n x wrote:
I considered that. I'll try mixing the enemies next time!


Sorry, that read funny. I dont mix enemies. Just market and soldiers. Ibpick either or when it comes to enemies. I find onslaught easy to defeat and dreadmire pretty tough. The weather really adds to dreadmire enemies abilities.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Barringer
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
JavaGammer wrote:
z10n x wrote:
I considered that. I'll try mixing the enemies next time!


Sorry, that read funny. I dont mix enemies. Just market and soldiers. Ibpick either or when it comes to enemies. I find onslaught easy to defeat and dreadmire pretty tough. The weather really adds to dreadmire enemies abilities.


That's actually how I took it--that you'd pick either one or the other. You're right about the weather, though. The few times I have won solo in Dreadmire, it was partially because I was lucky enough not to run into many weather abilities.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
z10n x wrote:
[q="JavaGammer"][q="z10n x"]The few times I have won solo in Dreadmire, it was partially because I was lucky enough not to run into many weather abilities.
I know weather is Dreadmire's gimmick, but I'm actually not crazy about it. It feels a bit too swingy.

It seems whenever I lose, it's a landslide loss to 3+ baddies going beast mode because of a little rain
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Graham
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
z10n x wrote:
[q="JavaGammer"][q="z10n x"]The few times I have won solo in Dreadmire, it was partially because I was lucky enough not to run into many weather abilities.
I know weather is Dreadmire's gimmick, but I'm actually not crazy about it. It feels a bit too swingy.

It seems whenever I lose, it's a landslide loss to 3+ baddies going beast mode because of a little rain


A little rain is the bane of futuristic weapons and soldiers! Lol
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.