Subject: Single File rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When the battle restricts Gearlocs or Baddies to lane 1, or restricts the number of Gearlocs able to participate (Nom) ... How does an initiative roll work?

1) Say 4p vs. Nom - One gearloc at a time. Does the highest initiative roll enter first? Or do we get to decide as a group who goes first?

2) Say 4p single file - Same question, the battle is restricted to lane 1 ... If Initiative matters then I can't automatically put Boomer in the Ranged spot

Hope my question makes sense..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
In the case of Nom, you don't have to roll for initiative to see who goes first, this is decided between the Gearlocs who will go first, second, third, and forth.

There will only be one Gearloc on the battle mat at any given time.

The first will start in an applicable starting position and roll for initiative to see when they go in battle.

When this Gearloc is finally KO'ed, subsequent Gearlocs will start in an applicable starting position and be at the top of the initiative track.

I didn't know that such an encounter such as "Mud Never Killed No One, Did It?" existed in the game until I read this thread and searched for it.

Here's how I would handle it. The group will decide who goes first and second. Therefore, initiative will not decide who goes into the melee spot and who goes into the range spot initially. However, once placed, I would still roll for initiative to see in which order they go in battle.

Subsequent Gearlocs (player's choice which Gearloc goes next) that enter the Battle Mat will go to the top of the initiative track.

That's the most logical answer for this "single file" encounter I can think of.

As far as I know, initiative never plays a role in Gearloc placement on the Battle Mat, it merely determines the order in which Baddies and Gearlocs take their turn in battle.

EDIT (lots of them): A ton of grammatical errors...More than the usual. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed with David, that's how I'd play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
A few minor corrections and clarifications for the explanation to you Dan. This can be important also, but you roll for initiative and finish setting up the Initiative Track prior to placing Gearlocs onto the battle mat when setting up any battle.

In my explanation to you I got that part backwards. In the "Mud Never Killed No One, Did It?" encounter this could play a part in who takes the first Melee position and who takes the second Ranged position possibly.

I stand corrected also when I said, "Initiative never plays a role in Gearloc placement..." While Initiative doesn't force you to place Gearlocs in any specific order, the initiative roll will consequently play a significant role in the tactical planning involved while placing Gearlocs in most encounters.

I just wanted to address this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.