Doug Cooley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the Saipan exclusive rules incorporated into the newly released Guam rulebook (I'm guessing no)? And is the Saipan rulebook going to change to the single rulebook format in the near future when it finally goes to PDF (I'm hoping yes)?

Thanks in advance.

As an editorial, I much prefer all of the rules for a game in a single PDF file, makes for much faster text searches. The core rules change anyway, why not just have the one book but mark the "exclusives", as the Guam book does. I do enjoy the background info that more pages affords, but that can be made available online. So thanks for moving in this direction with Guam, and I hope you eventually bring the newer format to the Saipan rules when they get a PDF release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm following correctly, Doug, the Saipan rules, when posted, will follow the same format as the Guam rules.

But just to make sure, both Saipan and Guam have all the rules (core system and exclusives) in one book. So they each share the same format now. You seem to imply that the two are different in format.

Also, both (as will all future games) have a separate scenario book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Cooley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't opened the box in a while, probably was misremembering the rules layout. Sorry to take your time.

Regardless, hopefully the living rules for Saipan will be out soon. I want to try the system before buying Guam, but won't do well with two rulebooks (Guam for revisions, Saipan for exclusives). That I learned The Greatest Day at all is a minor miracle. I'm playing Absolute Victory with a friend and all of those extra rules in the second booklet are a pain, even more so because someone in charge decided to only put out the first book in PDF.

Thanks for the

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Apex
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any ETA on the PDF for these rules? I believe the Guam rules are out already.

Thanks for the update!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing coming soon. I'm learning inDesign but slowly...

We have been suggesting using the Guam rules for errata. All Guam specific stuff is marked in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Apex
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We use InDesign at work quite a bit for publication design, but nothing as intensive as a 50+ page rulebook! It's a great tool, but I'm looking forward to the new tool from Serif (the folks who make Affinity Designer and Photo) since their approach is far easier to deal with for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.