Hide
11 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Eldritch Horror Insert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gadget Girl
msg tools
Just completed my insert for Eldritch Horror. Took me over 5 hours (but it was a blast)!
g
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5 hours, eh ? Nice work !!

Was the 'blast' of constructing it as much fun as playing two scenarios?

If so, build yourself a few more !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Harris
United Kingdom
Sale
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Just wait until you get an expansion. Then another. Then another...oh the joy you have to come...! Get your blade and foam core at the ready!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadget Girl
msg tools
sparkle999 wrote:
Just wait until you get an expansion. Then another. Then another...oh the joy you have to come...! Get your blade and foam core at the ready!

Wow, that will take awhile as we failed miserably on our first game. Do the expansions have to be played in order and if not, do you have a suggestion as to which one to get first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadget Girl
msg tools
chicklewis wrote:
5 hours, eh ? Nice work !!

Was the 'blast' of constructing it as much fun as playing two scenarios?

If so, build yourself a few more !!

Thanks! Haha, we couldn't even get through the first big monster and failed miserably so I'm sure it'll be awhile before we get through the first scenario much less two. Figured with that track record, the insert will see much use to warrant the time spent making it! Haha...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Hudson
United States
Washington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice insert. I keep thinking i need to make one for my copy of EH and A Touch of Evil as well. I even have a large wood box for one of them to old it. I just have no skill when it comes to stuff like this. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if you had played Arkham Horror and if you liked Eldritch Horror better, think it is a better game? Good job on the storage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GadgetGirl wrote:
Wow, that will take awhile as we failed miserably on our first game. Do the expansions have to be played in order and if not, do you have a suggestion as to which one to get first?

Eldritch Horror: Forsaken Lore is the only one i would consider "essential". From there on pick what ever strikes your fancy. Small boxes offer good value for the money. Eldritch Horror: Strange Remnants gives you focus token but those can be proxied, so it is not essential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadget Girl
msg tools
Barronmore wrote:
Nice insert. I keep thinking i need to make one for my copy of EH and A Touch of Evil as well. I even have a large wood box for one of them to old it. I just have no skill when it comes to stuff like this.

Hey, if I can do it, I'm sure you can too. You just need the right tools and it doesn't cost much either. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadget Girl
msg tools
sherron wrote:
I was wondering if you had played Arkham Horror and if you liked Eldritch Horror better, think it is a better game? Good job on the storage

Thanks!

I'm actually a huge Batman fan so when I got into gaming, I was stubborn and bought Arkham Horror (only because of the Batman reference to Arkham) even though I had heard that Eldritch is arguably the better game. I tried Arkham once and was completely lost. We couldn't get through much of the game after about 4 hours as we were constantly looking up things in the rulebook. So I finally gave up and sold it and bought Eldritch with the same money.

Eldritch feels much more stream lined and the rulebook was really easy to follow. We were up and running pretty quickly after reading the rules and watching the game played on TableTop. We played another game the following week without having to reread the rulebook. I suspect that Arkham may be more intricate and perhaps Eldritch may feel a little flat because it's so streamlined although perhaps expansions will help to make Eldritch fuller. But I find I have less patience getting through rulebooks nowadays and one play of Eldritch is already long enough for me so I'll be sticking with Eldritch.

Good luck and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadget Girl
msg tools
RitterFips wrote:
GadgetGirl wrote:

Eldritch Horror: Forsaken Lore is the only one i would consider "essential". From there on pick what ever strikes your fancy. Small boxes offer good value for the money. Eldritch Horror: Strange Remnants gives you focus token but those can be proxied, so it is not essential.

Thanks for the tip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.