Hide
4 Posts

Merchant of Venus (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: [Standard] Telegate Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KGB Jr
msg tools
I searched and didnt see this specific question asked but if your path has a telegate on it, do you have the ability to pass by it or do you have to enter the telegate and resolve it? I may be misreading but I am assuming that if its in your path you have to enter it.

Thank You

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thekgbjr wrote:
I searched and didnt see this specific question asked but if your path has a telegate on it, do you have the ability to pass by it or do you have to enter the telegate and resolve it? I may be misreading but I am assuming that if its in your path you have to enter it.

Thank You

You have to choose (or use previously chosen) pilot number. If that number exists on a telegate, you automatically teleport to it. (Could be the one that you are passing over.) If the pilot number doesn't show on a telegate, there is no effect.

There's an artifact called Gate Lock that you can engage for the entire turn to avoid activating telegates and there is another Jump Something that lets you go to a gate from anywhere if you roll its number.

(These answers are from classic MoV.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KGB Jr
msg tools
So, if you are moving your ship down the track and a telegate is there, you have to resolve it before moving past it? There is no option to just go past if you dont want to warp?

Sorry I'm slow and there is a lot to this game.

Does it usually take a while for the game to start to pick up the pace?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
thekgbjr wrote:
So, if you are moving your ship down the track and a telegate is there, you have to resolve it before moving past it? There is no option to just go past if you dont want to warp?

Correct. Just like with a Nav Circle, when you encounter the Telegate you must immediately choose a pilot number (if you don't already have one) and resolve it. The only ways (without artifacts) you could just keep moving past it is if you chose the number of the telegate you just passed over or if the number you choose doesn't have a matching telegate on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.