Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Clements

Dallas
Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I built a machine with the iteration tile attached to the automaton tile. It seemed that I should not be able to use the automaton twice, since all the machine tiles must be activated and completed before I can ever use it once. In other words, I get the automaon, but I don’t get to use it before the Iteration tile would trigger it being reused. Hence, the automaton is only available once per turn. Which means that the iteration tile is not viable with the automaton.

However, what if I use the automaton to reuse that same machine by activating persona space 4? The automaton then comes off of that space, thereby freeing the space for me to then place an available mechanic on it. That would allow space 4 to be used twice, including reclaiming the automaton, which seems a gamebreaker —or at the very least completely unbalanced and too powerful.

Did We do something wrong?
Or has this been addressed somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clements

Dallas
Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we may have solved it: since automaton does not leave any space until the end of the turn, when the round resets, there’s no way he would actually clear Personna space number 4 for reuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korric Morgan
United States
Holyoke
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules book, the description of the Automaton component states, "If you have already taken your Automaton this round, this component does nothing." Therefore, once you've activated the Automaton, you never benefit from a subsequent Automaton activation in the same round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.