Subject: Tile placement question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Smiley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just played my first game of this and like it immensely. Before I take it to game night, I do have a question.
When you have special tiles in your hand, or any tile for that matter, and you must place it, does it have to be placed in front of you? I have seen some boards that people have put tiles behind them, where none of their trains could actually later get to them.
The rules on Pages 4-5 say to put tiles down when you encounter a piece of track which does not have a stop on it. Which makes sense.
I just want to make sure you can only place tiles directly adjacent to the tile you are currently on.
It seems like if you hang on to the special tiles and then just squeeze them in somewhere close to the end to avoid suffering the penalty points, that would be cheating.

Thanks for reading through this and any answers you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only place tiles when required to keep the train you’ve moved progressing along it’s route. So by definition, the tiles must be placed within the context of your movement. That movement can be backwards with a whistle, but the tile must be placed to continue your route. You can’t place a tile arbitrarily elsewhere on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Smiley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That is in keeping with what I was thinking. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.