5 Posts

Spirit Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gift of strength power repeat; Can I choose a different target? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Wilborn
msg tools
mbmb
I would like to repeat the advanced power "The Trees and Stones Speak of War". It has 2 effects the lower effect requires 2 yellow 2 grey and 2 green elements (very similar to his innate repeat power "Gift of Strength".

Situation:

I want to deal 2 dmg in the lower jungle and then push a singe Dahan to the upper jungle. I then want to repeat the power on the upper jungle, do a dmg to the explorer and then push 2 Dahan into the upper wetlands where I can have defend 4 from the Dahan as proposed by the power card.

Played correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Zev
msg tools
badge
All knowledge is worth having
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Page 19 of the Rulebook:

Quote:
If a Repeat specifies where to use it, obey those instructions (instead of the usual Range and Target restrictions). Otherwise, you can choose any valid target by the usual rules, including the same target as its first use).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schirmer
United States
flag msg tools
Also, can I pick a different speed power to repeat? Like can I repeat a turtle-speed power? The bird-speed icon made me think maybe I need to DO the repeat right away, but I wasn't sure if it was the "allowing" of the repeat that happened immediately, or if I could repeat something that hadn't happened yet (the turtle-speed power).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
burmer wrote:
Also, can I pick a different speed power to repeat? Like can I repeat a turtle-speed power? The bird-speed icon made me think maybe I need to DO the repeat right away, but I wasn't sure if it was the "allowing" of the repeat that happened immediately, or if I could repeat something that hadn't happened yet (the turtle-speed power).
Yup! There's a FAQ about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.