1 Posts

1914: Serbien Muss Sterbien» Forums » General

Subject: cool opening turns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Schultz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I played John O. in the cool opening turns of a 1914 Serbia (GMT) scenario - this one a hypothetical action where the Austrian-Hungarian forces have their act together and commit the needed troops to take Serbia out despite the Russian steam roller in Galicia. Bob H. stopped by to learn the game system and helped me with the valiant Serbs. It took a few turns to get going but John now has the A-H dream machine on a roll with a powerful battle line of artillery heavy divisions pounding my poor Serbs in open terrain. Slowly but surely I am getting pressed back while trading step losses. Thankfully there has been no real breakthrough results yet and Belgrade is in tact.  

John continues his clever, aggressive play, always pressing, pressing his A-H offensive, forcing me to stand fast with my poor Serbs and take my drubbings. I will leave Serbia set up as long as I can and play as John's schedule allows.

In my opinion Serbia is a beautiful, nuanced game system that is time consuming to learn on your own. I have a  "learn to play" session for 1914 Serbia set up for 18 Nov with four showing and room for more. If you are in the Tidewater area of Virginia and are interested in participating just le me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.