Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I win a political conflict as the attacker, I trigger the ring effect, then when I claim the ring (which happens afterwards) I get to trigger it again with her Reaction ability - is that correct? I looked around the rules reference for anything that said that ring abilities can't be triggered multiple times or anything like that. Seems pretty clear she lets you trigger the ring effect if you win on defense, which of course you don't normally get to do.

And of course Akodo Toturi presumably works the same way for Military.

Thanks, I think I have it right by the reading of the card because "resolving the ring effect" and "claiming the ring" are two different steps (but I can imagine them getting elided into one if one is playing sloppily, so I wanted to check).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cope
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. It's worth noting, however, that the current ruling is that while she can technically also trigger the ring effect when winning a political conflict on defense, doing so (in the vast majority of cases) would only benefit the attacker.

Edits: Nate French clarified that because the RRG specifically calls out the attacker in the relevant section on triggering a ring after a conflict, the attacker would still reap the benefit. Though some speculate this ruling was made in haste and will be changed in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bfchooch wrote:
You are correct. It's worth noting, however, that the current ruling is that while she can technically also trigger the ring effect when winning a conflict on defense, doing so (in the vast majority of cases) would only benefit the attacker.

Ah, because the Ring effects specify "the attacking player" and Doji does not say "as if you were the attacking player" as I saw some other cards that mess with Ring effects do. Thanks for pointing that out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there someplace (other than these forums) that you are using as a source for "current ruling"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cope
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
Is there someplace (other than these forums) that you are using as a source for "current ruling"?

The "Legend of the Five Rings LCG" fb group is a decent source of discussion and where I get most of my info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stark
msg tools
See this thread about Toturi: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1860231/akodo-toturi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bryanstark06 wrote:

Hmm, that makes it sound like it's non-0 that they'll errata it, but I'll go with as-written for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.