2 Posts

Family Business» Forums » Variants

Subject: 8-12 Players with two copies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Loewen
Canada
flag msg tools
Looking to increase the player size and I was thinking that we could have to base sets and play in teams. You would be across the table from each other and only be totaly out if all your combined mobsters were gone. You would never be able to send the same named guy back to a played that all ready has one infront of them. But could send one that didn't originally belong. Definetly use all the cards from both sets to keep the kill count up ie. two vendettas and two st. valentines.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
Frankly, I'm not so sure this is a good idea. I like Family Business, as a lightweight game, but the defence cards can easily shut a player out of taking a turn for some time. A game with more players could have a lot of downtime - and it would be much easier to find all your lobsters on the hit list without ever getting to take an action.

ETA: Also, the Vendetta / St Valentine's combo would be horrendous in alcoholic Family Business. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.