Subject: Monster trait and immunity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stathis saprikis
Greece
Athens, Greece
flag msg tools
mb
I don't own gloomhaven yet but while playing the kickstarter campaign on TTS i came with this question. Since giant vipers have the 'poison' trait in monster stat sheet are they also immune to poison negative condition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stathissap wrote:
Since giant vipers have the 'poison' trait in monster stat sheet are they also immune to poison negative condition?

No. Literally has nothing to do with immunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stathissap wrote:
I don't own gloomhaven yet but while playing the kickstarter campaign on TTS i came with this question. Since giant vipers have the 'poison' trait in monster stat sheet are they also immune to poison negative condition?

Bosses have immunity, other monsters have traits that always add a status to their attacks. Bosses = immunity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
SaintHax wrote:
Bosses have immunity, other monsters have traits that always add a status to their attacks. Bosses = immunity.
Bosses may have the immunity. I've not seen all the bosses, they do have differing immunities, they could for instance be able to poison you yet not be immune to poison effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bart_aus wrote:
SaintHax wrote:
Bosses may have the immunity. I've not seen all the bosses, they do have differing immunities, they could for instance be able to poison you yet not be immune to poison effects.

No. I think you missed the entire point of my post: the symbols on a boss's card are immunities, the symbols on normal/elite monsters are traits.

Bosses do not have traits-- can a boss have a special ability that causes a status? Yes, but the OP is asking about traits and you did not mention anything about an ability.

Coincidentally... (very minor spoiler, no boss names)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
the boss that has a Special 2 that poisons and wounds, is also immune to poison and wounds

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
No I understood what you meant, however your post could be read as "Bosses have immunity to poison" or even "All status effects".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bart_aus wrote:
No I understood what you meant, however your post could be read as "Bosses have immunity to poison" or even "All status effects".

That would be quite the inference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.