Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross-posted from Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tristanhall/gloom-of-ki...

Hey everyone, how the blooming heck are you all?

Let's pop a tune on the juke box...

What a lovely weekend we've had, as evidenced by these terrific stats...

£113,544 pledged 420% funded 1,921 backers 22 days to go!!!

Sill jiggling like a loon over here at these numbers but since it's October we need a more Halloween friendly dance this time around...

I'm especially grateful to you all to be in this lucky position this time around because - and don't worry, I won't harken back to it in every single update - on Day 11 of our first Kickstarter we were just over 50% funded, so everything was still up in the air whilst we were on tenterhooks watching the whole thing unfold, not knowing whether or not we would even got into production with the game. Now we have a whole new set of shiny tenterhooks to climb onto, or perch on, or pitch our tent with, or, you know, whatever the heck it is you're supposed to do with tenterhooks. And this time the nerves and excitement revolve around just how high we can go with this thing.

Now I know from past experience with the figures that you all like to tell a good story and make a great drama out of our Kickstarters, so I'm not writing anything off, and in fact I'm a little too excited about the prospect of hitting that £150,615 goal, so let's not level out the wings of this plane just yet. Let's see if we can push on out of the stratosphere and wave to Felix Baumgartner's balloons on our way past. Because there's still stuff you can do to help...

Ratings!!

We've obviously got a fantastic split of old and new backers here, and so I'd like to ask all of you veterans who have already played the game and love it to help us out. Please, if you haven't already, head over to boardgamegeek and give Gloom of Kilforth a star rating out of 10 along with any comments you might have about the game:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/98527/gloom-kilforth-fan...

You can also rate Hall or Nothing Productions Ltd as a company out of 5 on Facebook too:

https://www.facebook.com/hallornothingproductions

I'm not telling you what to rate it or us of course, because that would be shilling. But you can really help put us on the map by voting with your clicks. It might not seem like much of a thing to do, but the reason we have been able to sign international retailer and language deals, and the reason we are back here on Kickstarer, smashing Stretch Goals to death with a feverish fervour, is because the game is so highly rated by you guys - an 8/10 average rating on BGG is really pretty incredible for an indie like us with no prior titles to our name.

So please keep up the great work, keep liking, sharing, chatting about the game in every forum you can, and generally continue being the absolutely awesome individuals who you all are, who incidentally happen to make up the coolest group of peeples on the entirety of the interwebs!

Tangent - The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game!!

In today's update I've got a little treat for you. It's a little tangential, but it gives you a little more ken about who I am and some of the events that led me to being here on Kickstarter in front of you all, and it's about a pretty damned cool card game...

Some time back I was able to talk to one of my idols in the gaming industry, Galeb Grace, lead designer on The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game, Fantasy Flight Games' redonculously popular Middle-Earth based Living Card Game. Caleb kindly agreed to come and have a natter on our little podcast #BoardChitless. This was a great opportunity because the last time I'd spoken to Caleb was only ever by email several years back when the Lord of the Rings LCG was in its infancy and I was play-testing the first few cycles for FFG and putting out previews of the Nightmare decks for them on my ratdorg blorg.

Some of you might not know this but as a huge fan of the game I designed a number of fanmade scenarios to squeeze some extra replayability out of the core set. These scenarios, published under my boardgamegeek name 'ninjadorg' scored tens of thousands of downloads from my blog and BGG, and were translated into many different languages too:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/66659/ninjadorgs-lotr-lcg...

Always a tinkerer, I'd helped to develop some fanmade community campaigns for the Dungeons and Dragons Adventure System games before, which went down pretty well too, but it was the hugely positive reception and feedback about these Lord of the Rings scenarios that helped give me the confidence to bring my own designs - including Gloom of Kilforth - into the public eye. It was also these scenarios which brought me to the attention of FFG, who asked if I'd like to be a play-tester in the first instance.

TL-DR - Here's me chatting to the most excellent dude Caleb Grace about his Herculean work on The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game on our #BoardChitless podcast:

Good night gentle readers, sleep peacefully and rest tonight, for tomorrow we continue the long march through the Gloom towards the close of Chapter 2...

Tristan xx

PS. Look out for this little dude stinking up your expansion...

Watch out - given the chance he will **** your **** up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So rare to see a lone goblin. I wonder if he got lost...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Canning
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jokemeister wrote:
So rare to see a lone goblin. I wonder if he got lost...
You only see the one, there are bound to be others hidden nearby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even looks like an anglerfish. It's a trap!

Who but a goblin trying to outfox the fox would even light a lantern during a bright spring day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Alvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 little Goblins playing in the sun,
Down came a shadow, now there's just 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whole lotta goblin connoisseurs up in here - love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike De Groote
Belgium
Heist-op-den-berg
antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If nothing else works just throw another goblin at it. at least there will be one less goblin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kasimirtlw wrote:
If nothing else works just throw another goblin at it. at least there will be one less goblin

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.