4 Posts

Splendor: Cities of Splendor» Forums » Variants

Subject: Strongholds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fredrick berlik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if the following rules would make Strongholds more fun. First I would take away the option of taking away a stronghold. Second, I would allow other players to buy cards with strongholds on them by paying one more gem. Also,(at least in a two player game) I would give a free stronghold to the player who goes last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alluvian
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe that extra gem goes to the owner of the stronghold?

I don't know, my expansion literally just arrived at home and I am still at work.

The gem economy of the game is so tight, I feel weird messing with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fredrick berlik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried this variant (except for starting with a free Stronghold) and really liked it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcin marcinek
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I played with strongholds only once but me and everyone else at the table really disliked it.

So I'm thinking about changing it from stick to carrot.
- Placement is as before
- STRs can't be removed by other players
- STRs don't block cards from being bought by other players
- when a player other than the STR owner buys a card with an STR on it, the owner of the STR gains one gem per STR on the card.
-- Gem gained must be of a color used to buy the card (even if no payment was actually made).
-- if a player gains multiple gems, each must be of different color

I'm hoping to playtest this today.
What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.