Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Bearden
United States
birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I am sure this is a stupid question but I’m having a lot of trouble with this game, I think I like it but I hate the way they did or well didn’t do the rule book. Like I can’t even find how you know if you lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sgt. Elias
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for my copy to get here, should be Wednesday. So I haven't had a chance to explore the manual.

Judging by what I've seen of the game I'm guessing that if all of the survivors you're controlling die before you make it to the end it's over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GogTad wrote:
Well I am sure this is a stupid question but I’m having a lot of trouble with this game, I think I like it but I hate the way they did or well didn’t do the rule book. Like I can’t even find how you know if you lose.

You know what your final objective is, you set it with Chapter 1.(it's always the same) if you fail at your final objective you 'lose' as it were.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horatio Q
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion, and as much as I love this game, this 'you don't need to learn the rules to play' made it harder than any game I've ever played to learn the rules. Flicking back and forth in the scripts, looking for clarification on one point or another, not remembering if it's in here or on a card - it would have been better just to write a rulebook.

Download one of the rules summaries from the files section and use this. But remember that not everything is explained in the rules - so if a card has something on it that's not explained, just ignore it until it's triggered by another card or event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jyhne
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zanti_misfit wrote:
I'm still waiting for my copy to get here, should be Wednesday. So I haven't had a chance to explore the manual.

Judging by what I've seen of the game I'm guessing that if all of the survivors you're controlling die before you make it to the end it's over.

You loose if all your three starting characthers died.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Greenaway
United Kingdom
Blackpool
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could watch wildinferno1984 videos on you tube, I had many questions like this that i didnt want to ask but i wanted to clear up in my head even before i played the game, the videos this guy has produced and the quality of the playthrough are outstanding. you'll learn alot more than you thought. Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First way to find out if you've lost is if you have no characters, and therefore no actions, and cannot do anything anymore (I know this sounds obvious and maybe condescending but I mean it as a simple truth). If you get to the 'end' of the game, the final script will tell you if you've won or not.

As for the rules. I found this game to be one of the easiest games to learn and start playing. I find the journal works very well. I was a bit concerned about all the 'advanced' rules that are hidden, but honestly, I haven't needed them barely at all. All the times I've taught the game I've gone through one day using the journal to learn/teach each phase. After that I just use a playing card sized summary card* (1 for each player) that gives a brief rundown on the phases, which so far has worked great to keep everyone on track with what step we're on.

*One I made, it's in the files section

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sgt. Elias
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for making those Brad103, I just printed 'em off. I should have the game on my table tomorrow night if shipping stays on target and I've got the time/energy.. This handy reference card will be most useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Yanyo
United States
Evansville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know that you lose if

Spoiler (click to reveal)
you don't have anyone on guard duty at night. IIRC, the script it directs you to explicitly tells you that the game is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.