Subject: Which Kickstarter Projects should I keep? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Duo Maxwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am facing a conundrum.

I need to drop some Kickstarter projects because X-mas is coming up and I need to take a few trips with the family.

Here is my list of projects I am currently backing.

Detective: City of Angels

Tsukuyumi: Full Moon Down

Tiny Epic Defenders: The Dark War

The 7th Continent

Time of Legends: Joan of Arc

I know that this is an odd question because you do not have the context of my game collection and my likes/dislikes.

My favorite game is arguably Chaos in the Old World (love asymmetrical games) but I also do love Tragedy Looper so I am thinking of keeping the war game Tsukuyumi and Detective. I have quite a few co-op defense games like Defenders of the Realm so maybe the TED can wait plus no exclusive content so I could get it later. My taste in games is often aligned with the Dice Tower and they all say 7th Continent is the Bees Knees so, that's why I want this one plus I loved choose your own adventures as a kid. I think KS is the only way to get 7th continent also.

Which ones would you take a hard pass or a soft pass on ? Recommendations / suggestions / opinions are welcome.

Oh, the Joan of Arc game hasn't launched yet but I feel it will be epic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hoglund
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
We bought Tiny Epic Defenders, Joan of Arc, and the 7th Continent. They all look like great games, I haven't heard of the other two. We are a new board game development company and I (personally) like to buy games just to experience them and learn new mechanics/component interactions. 7th Continent is really intriguing to me because 1000+ minutes of gameplay?

What if you die 15 hours in? I'm not sure if I would have the patience to not destroy it right there on the spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Bückeburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
just kidding
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep 7th continent, pretty unsure if that hits the stores. Everything that will be
available to buy later on drop it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Are you seriously saying that family is more important than Kickstarter? How dare you!

I say stick with Detective because it has the best name and is probably the most unique. 7th Contintent is just another runofthemill coop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is obviously a huge bias, but drop Joan of Arc. A 15mm scale miniatures wargame just seems... meh. Nothing about the actual gameplay appeals to me. I have a personal rule where if "because minis" is my #1 reason for wanting a game, I don't get that game.

Of all those listed, keep 7C. It's the exact opposite of "run of the mill" anything and will never be in retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TED is an easy drop. I looked at 7th Continent and came to the conclusion it wasn't for me. Tom covers it nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.