Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skot Holcombe
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This is NOT a werewolf game. This is Two Rooms and a Boom!

Basic Overview

Two Rooms and a Boom is a social deduction, hidden roles game. There are two teams: The Red Team and the Blue Team. The Blue team has a President. The Red Team has a Bomber.

Players are equally distributed between 2 separate rooms and each player will receive a random character card.

Each room has a leader that is selected by the players in that room. The leader chooses "hostages". The game consists of 5 rounds. At the end of each round, the hostages selected by the leaders will be traded into opposing rooms.

If the Red Team's Bomber is in the same room as the blue Team's President at the end of the game, then the Red Team wins. Otherwise, the Blue Team wins.

Rounds
(Number of hostages may change if more players join)
Round 1- 3 Hostages- 4 side rooms
Round 2- 2 Hostages- 3 side rooms
Round 3- 2 Hostages- 3 side rooms
Round 4- 1 Hostage- 2 side rooms
Round 5- 1 Hostage- 2 side rooms

Each room (A and B) will be subdivided into smaller rooms to allow semi-private conversations. Each round, this number of side rooms WILL decrease. You will always have access to the main/voting room for discussion.

Nominating a Room Leader
The first player that is nominated by another player to be the leader becomes the leader. That player will be signified in some way TBD.

Changing Room Leaders
A leader remains the leader in a room until one of two things happen.

1. Leader abdicated leadership to another player
If the current leader no longer wants to be the leader (usually because the leader wants to be a hostage) then the leader simply hands the leader card to another player. The player receiving the leader card may accept or decline the leader card. if they decline leadership, the original leader remains leader. If they accept leadership, they become the room leader and they cannot abdicate the leadership card back to the previous leader until the next round.

2. Usurping the Leader
Any time a player does not want the current leader to be leader, they may go into the VOTING Room and submit a vote for a new room leader. (You may vote yourself to be a new room leader. Once a majority of players have voted for one person to be the new team leader, that player becomes the new leader.

End of a Round
Leaders will be given approximately 15 minutes to finalize their hostage picks. YOU MUST SELECT HOSTAGES BY THE END OF THIS TIME. IF YOU WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE DURING THE SELECTION TIME PLEASE CONSIDER ABDICATING LEADERSHIP Once the 15 minutes is up, players will be switched between the rooms.
The new round will begin immediately.

Sharing Information
To gather information, you will be allowed to move into smaller "private" rooms to discuss. Any player is allowed into these rooms so be aware of who is present as you share information.

Sharing information is done in three ways
1. Color Sharing- Each player will have an appropriate number of "color" items. (Ex. Blue-littlelambchopx or Red-Nolemonplease)
To share your color with another player, you will pass the item to the player you wish to share with.

2. Full Sharing- Each player will have an appropriate number of "character" items. These will have your team color AND role
(Ex. Blue-President-littlelambchopx or Red-Angel-Nolemonplease)

3. Private Reveal- You may freely reveal either your color or your full card to another player. Please note that private sharing does not obligate the other player to reveal the same information to you.

While you are allowed to say ANYTHING you wish to in the rooms, it is impossible to lie about your color and character.

While you are free to share information to another player of your own will,
if you agree to color share or full share YOU MUST share as appropriate.

ROLES
Each role listed here will be present on BOTH teams unless otherwise indicated. Roles are subject to change if more players request to join.

President- Blue Team ONLY- Your job is to be in a different room than the Bomber at the end of the game. You MUST find the doctor and full share with them to be able to win.

Bomber- Red Team ONLY- Your job is to be in the same room as the President at the end of the game. You MUST find the engineer and full share with them to be able to win.

Doctor- Blue Team ONLY- You MUST find and full share with the President for Blue Team to be able to win.

Engineer- Red Team ONLY- You MUST find and full share with the Bomber for Red Team to be able to win.

Spy- This is a special character card that has the color for the opposing team. This means that, for example, the Red Spy will has allegiance to the Red Team but will reveal as blue during a color share.

Conman- If a player agrees to color share with you, you may instead force the player to full share instead. If a player's condition prevents them from full sharing (i.e. coy), then this ability does not work on target player.

Thug- You have the THUG power. Any player that full shares with you gains the "coy" condition. Players with the "coy" condition may only color share even when a player's ability may force a full share.

Professor- any player that full shares with you gains the "savvy" condition. Players with the "savvy" condition may only full share. The "savvy" condition prevents the use of private share and color share powers. It is possible for a "savvy" player to gain a condition that prevents full sharing (i.e. "coy"). If this happens then the player may no longer perform ANY type of share.

Psychologist- when you privately reveal your card to a character with the "shy" or "coy" condition, that player may then immediately full share with you, the Psychologist. If this is done, the "shy" and/or "coy" condition is removed.

Mayor- when you publicly reveal your card, your vote counts as two votes. This means that you can publicly reveal your card to count as two people for OR AGAINST the nomination of a new leader. A Mayor that has publicly revealed is then immune to the Thug, Professor, and Conman because the mayor can no longer full share or color share.

Full Rules And Roles Link

If you have questions, please post them below

Please note that this is an experiment in using cassy for 2r1b. Please be patient if we discover issues. Thank you.

FAQ
Red Team will be listed as EVIL.
Blue Team will be listed as Good.
Prior to closing out the game, all players will be switched to be OTHER, regardless of initial team to not affect cassy statistics.

If a Conman uses their power on you, after agreeing to color share, the Conman will give you an item that says you have been forced to full share. If you are unable to full share (i.e. you have been made coy) you may then inform the Conman that you are coy.

IMPORTANT NOTE
When sharing information. You MUST use the following format in the chats.

<b> Color Share with nolemonplease </b>

The other player must then respond:

<b> Accept(or reject) Color Share with littlelambchopx </b>

This is the same format to use for full sharing. Private reveals and public reveals do not require the use of this interaction. If a player does not respond that they accept the share, it is not considered valid and if you continue to share your own information, it will be considered a private reveal, not a share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skot Holcombe
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Re: Two Rooms and a Boom- In Signup
Red Team

Bomber- rathstar
Engineer- Berencamlost
Thug- dejojam1
Professor- nolemonplease
Psychologist- shawnad2006
Spy- Tfang
Mayor- monogarden
Conman- Mrfan

The Bomber and the Engineer DID full share prior to the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skot Holcombe
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Blue Team

President- SarahBoBarah
Doctor- Ljtrigirl
Thug- Natsume
Professor- namyzarc
Psychologist- egburr
Spy- Veni Vidi Vici
Mayor- cvb2009
Conman- xandryyte

The president and the doctor DID full share prior to game end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
BerenCamlost
cvb2009
dejojam1
egburr
ljtrigirl
monogarden
Mrfan
namyzarc
Natsume
nolemonplease
rathstar
SarahBoBara
shawnad2006
TFang
Veni Vidi Vici
xandryyte

16 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1862376

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Burr
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Blue meeples FTW!
badge
I'm so blue.
mb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
Come together, together as one
badge
Perhaps in a perfect world, the ring would be a symbol of happiness
mbmb
ooo I'd love to see this work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellie
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Travelling this week so can't join, but I love that this is happening

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I am considering even though I've never played 2R1B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skot Holcombe
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Veni Vidi Vici wrote:
I am considering even though I've never played 2R1B

Do it! If you don't understand the rules up above, I can explain anything for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skot Holcombe
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I will likely be putting this game into n0 this evening. As such, the roles will likely change. If there are any requests for roles in a 12 player game or roles you DO NOT want in the game, please let me know ASAP. Otherwise, finalized roleset will be posted when I put the game in n0.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Voting Room going to be a room we can post in?

How does the Usurper work with that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Truth takes time.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm out. Sorry, just don't have the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Truth takes time.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugggghhhhhhh. The player lost though.

Fine, I'll stay, but I can only play in the evenings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skot Holcombe
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Ugggghhhhhhh. The player lost though.

Fine, I'll stay, but I can only play in the evenings.

No worries. I think doing it this way you should still be fine participating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skot Holcombe
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:

The original plan was a room that you would vote in. If Usurper revealed, it would be announced in all of that half's chats.

I believe the new roleset will NOT include the usurper. Working on it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Littlelambchopx wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:

The original plan was a room that you would vote in. If Usurper revealed, it would be announced in all of that half's chats.

I believe the new roleset will NOT include the usurper. Working on it now.

Good.
I remember it encouraging "races".

14 is one of the sweet spot player counts for this game I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skot Holcombe
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The game is now in n0. Please refrain from posting or chatting until further notice. Thank you.

Please note your role/team may change prior to notification of the game officially starting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skot Holcombe
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The game has officially entered Night 0. Please check into your Mod Chat and be sure you have 2 items with the color of your card and 2 items with your actual role.

If you have any questions or issues, please ask them now.

I will dawn the game once all players have checked in or 8 AM on Monday. If a player has not checked in by 8 AM on Monday, they will be replaced.

You may move between the side rooms but please do not chat or pass items until further notice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skot Holcombe
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You will pass items to another player to "share" card information. Please pass the item back to its owner ASAP. You are NOT allowed to pass another player's item to a 3rd player for ANY reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skot Holcombe
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

When sharing information. You MUST use the following format in the chats.

<b> Color Share with nolemonplease </b>

The other player must then respond:

<b> Accept(or reject) Color Share with littlelambchopx </b>

This is the same format to use for full sharing. Private reveals and public reveals do not require the use of this interaction. If a player does not respond that they accept the share, it is not considered valid and if you continue to share your own information, it will be considered a private reveal, not a share.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skot Holcombe
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

It is now Round 1. You may move between side rooms, discuss, and chat as you see fit.

First player nominated will be the initial room leader.

Round 1 will end at 4:00 PM Tuesday. Hostage Selections must be made prior to this time. All players will have a game order to select the hostages.

Round 1 will have 3 hostages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skot Holcombe
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
To clarify, you can verbally lie and say whatever you want.
You are unable to physically lie about your card (i.e., now way to reveal the president card if you're a thug, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skot Holcombe
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Red Team Wins!!!

Final switch, Room A sent BerenCamlost- the engineer
Room B sent SarahBoBarah- The President.

The bomber, rathstar, was in Room A.

Team composition can be found up below the OP.

Thank you all for playing! I really hope you enjoyed.

PLEASE let me know what you enjoyed or didn't enjoy and ANYTHING that you think we could do to improve the game. I would like to run another edition of this if there is enough interest. Perhaps a quick (more like real game) version if there is a time that works for people.

I am closing out cassy now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
This hairstyle was fun for a day, but tooooo much hair for my tastes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the game, Lamb!

I'd play a fast version of this game or one where the roles make more meaty use of the mechanics. I wouldn't play this roleset again, but am quite happy to have tried it out. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
This hairstyle was fun for a day, but tooooo much hair for my tastes.
mbmbmbmbmb
"I apologize if I wasn't fast enough for some other things."

This isn't a thing, Lamb! I meant that if we're assuming you'll get to stuff to when you come by (which was totally fine), we're going to bug you less unless you tell us to as I assumed you'd get to it later. I'm glad we did on that one thing, but I think it might suit your mod style to be more open about desiring that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.