Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christoph Schrage
Germany
Halstenbek
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I have 2 technologies that affect the assembly limit which one takes priority?

Example:
Vorsch Power Suit wrote:
Action: Take 2 different actions. Your assembly limit for these actions is 1.

Salysion HALD Drive wrote:
Ongoing: When you Discover a planet, ignore the assembly limit if you only spend planet resource.

Currently I believe that due to ongoing being described as modifying other actions that it lifts the assembly limit of 1 in case of planetary resources?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Keladryel wrote:
If I have 2 technologies that affect the assembly limit which one takes priority?

Example:
[q="Vorsch Power Suit"] Action: Take 2 different actions. Your assembly limit for these actions is 1.

Salysion HALD Drive] Ongoing: When you Discover a planet, ignore the assembly limit if you only spend planet resource.[/q wrote:

Currently I believe that due to ongoing being described as modifying other actions that it lifts the assembly limit of 1 in case of planetary resources?

"Discover a Planet" is an action that you can take on your turn. If you are using the ability of Vorsch Power Suit, you are not doing the action "Discover a Planet".

But Vorsch Power Suit tells you to take 2 different actions, one of which could be "Discover a Planet", which could then use ability of Salysion.

So technically, neither takes priority.

You are Discovering a Planet with an assembly limit of 1, but you are allow to ignore your limit.

If instead the text of Salysion had said, "When you 'discover a planet', your assembly limit is 3", then it would be unclear which ability to use. (I'm not sure if there are situations where this could occur as I don't know the cards.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.