Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Larkin
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We hadn't tried Attila (well, an aborted attempt was made a few weeks ago, before we realized we had misunderstood the rules), and the baby was asleep pretty early, so we decided to give it a go this evening.

It was a tentative 1st century, as, quite frankly (no pun intended), neither of us had a clue as to what we were doing.

I took an early lead with a heavy concentration of red vandals in a small number of provinces, but seemed to misfire on every subsequent decision, handing Clarissa a 109-100 win (only my red dominance, confined to 10 tokens in 4 provinces) made the game look close at all.

Clarissa still seems unsure how she won (I believe she had an advantage in gray tokens, which were numerous and concentrated in small areas).

We'd like to try again, perhaps with a 3rd player+, but certainly reading a few strategy tips from this site.

My sense is that is not a good 2-player game (it was hard for us to get real influence advantages over each other, since we basically took an influence point each turn, running neck and neck the whole way- a race where both competitors take 1 simultaneous step of the same size at a time isn't much of a race), but perhaps another try will uncover some element we missed tonight.

-kl

-kl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.