Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Waywatcher's legendary bow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Winandy
France
flag msg tools
Hi !

I didn't find the answer in the web so I ask the question here.

The legendary bow allows to apply +1 for each shield during the attack.

What about "empowered" ? Is it equivalent to a +2success/+1shield?

What about item that granted additional shield as -1sucess=2shield? Which would lead to -1success=>2success and 2shield during the attack.

Thanks by advance for your point of view on this subject!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoopder
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I'll always pick the archer
badge
I had and have a wholly unsatisfied desire to shoot well with a bow. -J.R.R. Tolkien
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been awhile and I do not have the cards in front of me, but my recollection is that the bow's ability to count shields as successes applies to shields that are rolled on the dice specifically.

Again, it has been awhile and I can't check the wording of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Petit
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbethany wrote:
It has been awhile and I do not have the cards in front of me, but my recollection is that the bow's ability to count shields as successes applies to shields that are rolled on the dice specifically.

You're correct, I just checked the card and the exact wording is : ''During your attack action, you may apply +1 (success) for each (shield) rolled.''
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier García Maroto
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doctor Nightmare wrote:
jbethany wrote:

You're correct, I just checked the card and the exact wording is : ''During your attack action, you may apply +1 (success) for each (shield) rolled.''

Hi, one doubt, does applying "success" replace the shield/s rolled or is it added to the shield/s? If it is "added", what is the meaning of the "you may" in the text?, i't is logical that we will always want to apply the "success", right?

Thanks

Scherzo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Petit
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scherzo wrote:
Doctor Nightmare wrote:
jbethany wrote:

Hi, one doubt, does applying "success" replace the shield/s rolled or is it added to the shield/s? If it is "added", what is the meaning of the "you may" in the text?, i't is logical that we will always want to apply the "success", right?

Thanks

Scherzo

It always pays to be polite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Ouimet
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scherzo wrote:
Doctor Nightmare wrote:
jbethany wrote:

Thanks

Scherzo

It says "During your attack action, you may apply +1 (success) for each (shield) rolled." I don't see anything about replacing a shield with a success, so no. You get the success and the shield.

There may be circumstances when you don't want to apply the success. What are those? Unknown, but you have the option. Maybe killing a monster gives some type of bonus that you want someone else to have so you don't kill the monster. Maybe future expansions would have had specific circumstances where this would apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.