Stalingrad Inferno on the Volga» Forums » General

Subject: Just the city or also the surrounding area? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is the map just going to be of the city or is, perhaps by means of a separate box or some kind of track, like in Moscow and Leningrad '41, the area around Stalingrad also going to be represented?

I'm asking because perhaps the latter could have an effect on how successful the Soviet counterattack is likely to be (The Germans stripped their lines around the city more and more throwing in increasing numbers of men and machines into the city itself, but thereby making themselves very, very vulnerable to counter-attack and historically, in the end even encirclement and annihilation).

Or is there simply going to be a time-limit within which the German will have to reach their objectives? (which would make sense too and would in all likelihood be less rule-heavy).

Looking forward to this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here is a work in progress on the map, which may give you a feel for the scope.

I'll ask the designer to comment on your question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Labarque
Belgium
Kortrijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boersma8 wrote:
Is the map just going to be of the city or is, perhaps by means of a separate box or some kind of track, like in Moscow and Leningrad '41, the area around Stalingrad also going to be represented?

I'm asking because perhaps the latter could have an effect on how successful the Soviet counterattack is likely to be (The Germans stripped their lines around the city more and more throwing in increasing numbers of men and machines into the city itself, but thereby making themselves very, very vulnerable to counter-attack and historically, in the end even encirclement and annihilation).

Or is there simply going to be a time-limit within which the German will have to reach their objectives? (which would make sense too and would in all likelihood be less rule-heavy).

Looking forward to this game!

The map contains more than just the city. It stretches more towards the West, so the flanks are not on there. The game ends before the Soviet counterattack.
I've been playing this game a while with Emanuele and it plays absolutely fantastic. I love the choices you have to make and the way the game plays differently each time. Lots of fun in solo and co-op modes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.