Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Marr
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only recently discovered this website and "Print and Play" games and as a lifelong fan of any type of giant monster movies I was very excited to discover this game. I have been playing it with my 7 year daughter every weekend.

After playing a few times I decided to recreate some other famous kaiju to face Zillasaur.

I used the standard "Retreat", "Eliminated", and "Heal" boxes for the Guardian Kaiju. Please feel free to offer any tweaks or suggestions.

King Caesar:
1-2 no effect, 3-4 dodge, 5 attack, 6 reverses an attack back to the attacker.

Toho Kong:
1 no effect. 2-3 dodge, 4-6 attack
Lightning Storm: If 3 sixes are rolled then Kong regains 3 hp

Kiryu:
1 no effect, 2-3 dodge, 4-6 attack
Before facing Zillasaur roll a d6. If 6 then Kiryu joins Zillasaur and attacks nearest city for 1 day.

I am currently working on the MUTOs and Skull Crawlers from the latest movies along with the Cloverfield monster and any other Kaiju I can think of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zombie homer
msg tools
designer
Nice to meet a fellow Kaiju fan here!

I will try playing with your custom Kaiju.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zombie homer
msg tools
designer
Hi Joshua,

I like how thematic the 3 kaiju are, especially the idea of Kiryu malfunctioning and joining Zillasaur in rampage! I thought it'll be more fun if it can happen more frequently and for the player to have some influence on its occurrence.

Suggestion for Kiryu:

1. Only 2 HP and worth 10 pts

2. If Zillasaur manages to deal both HP damage to Kiryu in a single attack roll, Kiryu malfunctions!

Hope to hear from you on your upcoming kaiju.

p.s. the coolest thing for me about the Cloverfield kaiju were the parasites coming off its body!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Marr
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what I have come up with so far. Some altering has occurred based on play testing and Zombie Homer's suggestion for Kiryu which was spot on.

I have been playing with the house rule that once a Kaiju "retreats" a new one will emerge somewhere so I have many games with multiple Kaiju running (stomping?) around.

KING CAESAR
30 points
HP = 4-retreat, 3-eliminate
1-2 No Effect
3-4 Dodge
5-6 Attack
REVERSAL: 2x 6 reverses an attack back to Zillasaur. This attack cannot be dodged.

ANQUIRUS
30 points
1-2 No Effect
3-4 Dodge
5-6 Attack
BOWLING BALL: If 3x 5 or 3x 6 is rolled then Anquirus rolls into a ball and 1 attack cannot be dodged.

BATTRA
30 points
HP = 4-larval stage, 4-winged stage
1-2 No Effect
3-4 Dodge
5-6 Attack
METAMORPHOSIS: Once Battra's larval stage has retreated he waits 1 day then emerges in a winged state and travels up to 4 spaces always toward Zillasaur.

KONG
40 points
1 no effect
2-3 dodge
4-6 attack
LIGHTNING STORM: If 3x 6 is rolled then return up to 3 HP to Kong

KIRYU
10 Points
HP = 2
1 no effect
2-3 dodge
4-6 attack
DNA MEMORY-If Zillasaur make two hits on ONE roll then Kiryu MALFUNCTIONS and attacks the closest city until the end of the day. Kiryu gets ONE roll on city attack. Any points awarded go to Zillasaur. Kiryu is removed from the board at the end of the day after a malfunction.

ZILLA
30 points
HP = 4
1-2 No Effect
3-5 Dodge
6 Attack
SPEED: Zilla aways adds 1 additional space to his movement roll

MUTO (MALE)
Both Muto's emerge at the same time. Roll for location separately. Both Muto's can heal one time at a power plant.
20 points
HP = 3, Heal 2
1-2 No Effect
3-4 Dodge
5-6 Attack
FLIGHT: Male Muto moves up to 4 spaces toward the female every turn unless healing.

MUTO (FEMALE)
Both Muto's emerge at the same time. Roll for location separately. Both Muto's can heal one time at a power plant.
30 points
HP = 4, 2 Heal
1-2 No Effect
3 Dodge
4-6 Attack
MOVEMENT: Female Muto moves 1 space toward the male every turn.

MECHANI-KONG
30 points
HP = 3
1-2 No Effect
3-4 Dodge
5-6 Attack
BLINDING HYPNO LIGHTS: If Mechani-Kong rolls 3x 5 or 3x 6 the remove ONE of Zillasaur's dodges.

SKULL CRAWLER
30 points
HP = 4
1-2 No Effect
3-4 Dodge
5-6 Attack
BURROWING SNEAK ATTACK: Skull Crawler always emerges in the same space as Zillasaur

GAMERA
Gamera can heal at power plants
40 points
HP = 4, 2 heal, 2 heal
1 No Effect
2-4 Dodge/Shell Block
5-6 Attack
FLIGHT: When rolling for movement Gamera moves 3-5 instead of 1-3

CLOVER
Clover enters from an ocean space (roll for it) and attacks cities one at a time until encountering Zillasaur. Clover gets no rerolls during a city attack unless using "Parasite Frenzy". Cities destroyed this way do NOT count toward Zillasaur's point total.
HP = 4
1-2 No Effect
3-4 Dodge
5-6 Attack
PARASITE FRENZY: Clover gets to reroll up to 3 dice ONE time during Kaiju combat or city attack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.