Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Mazzoni
United States
Marietta
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not exactly a new user, but I noticed my list of Players to choose from when I enter plays is a bit of a mess. I have some listed twice or else I want to fix the name. Anyone know of a way to maintain the list of players that you have created when entering game plays?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheMaz wrote:
I'm not exactly a new user, but I noticed my list of Players to choose from when I enter plays is a bit of a mess. I have some listed twice or else I want to fix the name. Anyone know of a way to maintain the list of players that you have created when entering game plays?

You just indicated that all players you've ever entered have been maintained.

You may not mean 'maintain', you may mean 'clean up' or 'edit'.

If the list of all names you've ever entered as a Player is used as the list of recommended Players, then it would stand to reason that the only way to clean up the list is to edit past plays, removing incorrect names or correcting them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
byronczimmer wrote:

If the list of all names you've ever entered as a Player is used as the list of recommended Players, then it would stand to reason that the only way to clean up the list is to edit past plays, removing incorrect names or correcting them.

This is likely true, if how BGG handles locations is any precedent (and it is).

It'd be nice if BGG had a way to access and manage/maintain the list directly, though.

Also, it'd be nice if the Locations selector (and presumably Player selector) supported a larger number. I've grown past the current 200-location limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mazzoni
United States
Marietta
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, sorry. "Maintain" was a bad choice of words. I was probably thinking "manage".

But I would agree that it would be great if we could manage this as I use an app that generates stats. If I entered "Grover" the first time and later found out his name was "Grover Cleveland" and put it in that way in case I ever played another Grover (or maybe didn't realize he was in there already), I would like to change all instances of Grover to Grover Cleveland. Otherwise, he would be listed as two separate players in my chart of who I played with and I might not recall which game (and when) we played together. Going back through all my plays is not a practical solution. Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.