3 Posts

Port Stanley: Battle for the Falklands» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few rookie questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pepe lepew
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about to give this one a whirl, solo... but a few questions arise from the rules:

1. Air units vs air strength, what's the difference? For instance, 8 harrier units go on the setup, what's that mean?
2. Capture of enemy units, only supply and airfields change sides, but not improved positions, right?
3. 1 and only 1 exocet during the game according to original rules, right?
4. Brit air recc does not seem worthwhile (achieved on a dr=6 only??)
5. If more units than level of improved position then no DRM??
6. Raids by special forces (14.1.4), says explicitly, on airfields, +4 supply points, exocet, or hq, but then it seems there might be hidden combat units among those units? So raid can effectively be done on enemy combat units?
7. Under supply counters (15.2) it says each supply point represents the supplies required for 1 battalion or arty for 2 days' operations, is this in addition to the attack and defense supply (15.3) they consume during those days?
8. 16.1.2 "they don't have to make a morale check themselves", who, HQs?
9. 19.3 (optional reinf.) "two of these counters" which ones?
10. 17.3.2 "these effects are instead of, not in addition to" not clear...
11. 18.1.1 "the min number of org battalions must be used..." not clear.
12. 19.2 "no more than 8 Harrier units may be used to replace..." not clear.
13. 15.3.2 defensive supply, the example with mps seems wrong to me, 12 mps are 6 hexes along a track, not 12...etc, right?

Looks like a great game. Thanks for the feedback!
Pablo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Izquierdo Cazorla
Spain
08030 Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Air units are always counted in strenght. see 1.5, last paragraph.

2)Right. Also see 13.5.

3)Correct. But it seems the Argentinians have more Exocet available for the shore battery...

4)British recon it's also a succes with a 4. see the recon table on the map board. But usually the sea harriers have a lot of work before made any recon...

5)Correct. This is explained in 13.2.

6)In the raid table, you cross the die with the strenght of revealed argentine units (14.1.6).

7)Supply only it's consumed in attack.

8)HQ don't made morale check.

9)Optional reinforcements are: 601R and 602R (1-4-16), and 1/1/1 AB. and 1/5 M (2-4-16).

10)This is in the errata. Actually means effeccts of intermediate morale are in addition tho the effeccts of low morale. You can find the errata at www.grognard.com.

11)org. battalions are the british units with the same designation. The purpose of this rule is not send half battalion to Goose Green and the other half to Bluff Cove...

12)in other words. The british maximin strenght of Harriers is 8.

13) Correct.

I hope this could help. But don't doubt to ask again if you are still confussed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pepe lepew
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks Miquel!

I still have second thoughts regarding point 4). Table 10.2.3 gives -2 on the die roll for aerial reconnaissance, hence my comment--harriers can only spot enemy units with a 6, as far as I can tell.

From my first solo play, which I'm enjoying quite a bit in spite of the errata and fiddly rules, I agree that harriers should be busied with CAP most of the times, especially at the beginning.

My impression is that the game is a bit tough on the brits, and time is always running faster than they'd wish.

Thanks!
Pablo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.