6 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: KS GameChips 2017 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that may be interesting in using chips instead of the paper money, there’s a KS out there that may interest you:

GameChips 2017

Not cheap, but they certainly look nice and you can select your own combination of chips. There’s even a picture of the chips on a Firefly gameboard.

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
as much as some dislike paper money, why would you want to get rid of it in this game as it has some of the best paper money ever made for a board game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't want to get rid of the paper money - as you say, it's the best. But I have looked into poker chips and/or sci-fi coins and even the big money as alternate currencies for more of a hodgepodge feel.

Heck, I've even considered crumpling and/or folding and creasing, or writing on the existing paper money to make it look used - but I just can't bring myself to do that. Plus it would be a pain to store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having poker chips on the table alongside the cash gives an appropriately seedy feel.

(But this KS is US-only anyway.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the one game I am deliberately keeping the paper money. For the others I either have some poker chips (and the fancy ones from Roxley's Brass Kickstarter will soon-ish be replacing most) or the metal coins available for the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firedrake wrote:
Having poker chips on the table alongside the cash gives an appropriately seedy feel.

(But this KS is US-only anyway.)

Yes. "Alongside" is the best way to say it.

For the price of these KS chips you could do better. I'm not crazy about the style. They're kind of generic. For that kind of money, I'd like to see something more thematic.

Can you imagine if GF9 let the artist that did the paper money do poker chips?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.