Codenames» Forums » General

Subject: Codenames Theme Wishlist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Leung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that Codenames Disney and Marvel are out, I wish Mr. Chvátil would consider the other themes too, like Codenames: Films or Codenames: Boardgames (idea from a friend).

So, what's your idea of future theme?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could see some type of 'educators pack'; world history, mathematics, science, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Codenames the next Loveletter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:

I’d be okay with that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:

No. Codenames is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another member in my local Star Trek club has talked about working with me to make a Trek pack, but unfortunately life is getting in the way. Maybe during the Christmas break when I'm not in school....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmbmb
GI JOE and Transformers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case it matters, it wasn't Vlaada who came up with the idea of Disney and Marvel. The themed versions are licensed products, produced by a 3rd party, with permission from CGE. They are not CGE games directly. But I want a Star Wars one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Firestone IV wrote:
downeymb wrote:

No. Codenames is good.

Hasn't stopped them from making silly themed spin-offs, grumble grumble grumble...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear, CGE themselves did not make these spin offs. They are licensed products made by USAopoly. It was their idea, they wanted to make them, and they approached CGE for permission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Just to be clear, CGE themselves did not make these spin offs. They are licensed products made by USAopoly. It was their idea, they wanted to make them, and they approached CGE for permission.

Yes, the "them" in my comment was not primarily CGE. Though I was also referring to Deep Undercover.

EDIT: Alright, so the "them" was not at all CGE. And I don't at all blame CGE, to clarify; the business decision seems sound, and it seems good for the hobby too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
PaulGrogan wrote:

Yes, the "them" in my comment was not primarily CGE. Though I was also referring to Deep Undercover.

Which was a Target game Made by them. Vlaada's name not on the box. Made and produced in USA. They did a good job to make it look very similar, even doing their own artwork but in the same style which looked really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
Scott Firestone IV wrote:
downeymb wrote:

No. Codenames is good.

Hasn't stopped them from making silly themed spin-offs, grumble grumble grumble...

As long as CGE makes a lot of money on this and continues to make high quality board games and apps, I'm good with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Codenames X Men and Fantastic 4.

I was very dissapointed that Codenames Marvel left those 2 out. Clearly it has to do with certain rights but it's dissapointing none the less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.