Lisboa» Forums » General

Subject: Will Lisboa get UK/European Retail? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Bottoms
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I missed this game on Kickstarter and have been waiting for it to appear here in the UK. But as of yet despite being relased around June (Origins timeframe), no sign of any retail copies deluxe or standard.

Of course, I am aware of the devastating warehouse fire that destroyed many copies of the game and that some of the European shipment was used to fulfil kickstarter pledges.

My concern however comes from a message on the pre-order page of one of the bigger UK online game store, which reads?

The European part of the print run has been destroyed by fire, so there won't be any retail copies. At the moment we are not sure if there will be a reprint of the game.

Just hoping someone from EGG or anyone in the know can answer this question?

Thanks
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They will eventually get there.

The number of copies that were destroyed in the fire will be reprinted.

The European Kickstarter backer copies came from extras in the US so that there would be no further delay on them.

I do not know when the reprints will be available - not privy to that information at the moment.

Given its success, I am pretty convinced there will be further reprints as well. EGG did reprints of Gallerist and Vinhos Deluxe and from what I can tell, Lisboa is doing as well or better than those.

There will also be copies at Essen if you or a friend with luggage space will be there.

Hope that helps. Hang in there! IMHO it is Lacerda's best and well worth the wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
It's already available: https://boardgameprices.co.uk/item/show/20242/lisboa?search=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Bottoms
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thnks both,

Oddly it does seem to be available in Denmark and Germany! Where I have purchased from before. However all the UK stuff still seems to be just preorders.

Fingers crossed it gets here soon and i can find a deluxe version blush

Thanks Again
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
United Kingdom
Kings Langley, Herts, UK
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not shown on boargameprices, but Philibert were also stocking the KS version (all sold out now), but I'm sure they will keep retail too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Nilsson
msg tools
According to the manufacturer there is no current plans to print more deluxe copies. There might however be plans for the retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.