Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Stevenson
United States
Columbus
Ga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides wrecking the game for the target of a bombing attack, bombing seems completely anti-thematic game that's suppose to be about a Cold war arms race. Realistically bombing should be followed by nuclear exchange and immediate end of the game.

I could see the attacker getting 1 VP for each bomber greater than number of defending fighters and 2x VP if there's twice as many bombers as fighters. The defender would 1 money equal to difference in bombers-fighters due to increase defense spending in response to the red scare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Melnick
United States
Enola
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cold war? I assumed Manhattan Project was taking place in the middle of a world war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WMelnick wrote:
Cold war? I assumed Manhattan Project was taking place in the middle of a world war.

You are correct. During WWII, allied powers did in fact bomb and sabotage German facilities known to be important to the German atomic bomb project (called "Uranprojekt")

In the sequel to the game, The Manhattan Project 2: Minutes to Midnight, which takes place during the Cold War, I did choose to leave out the air strikes in part due to thematic reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.