Import / Export» Forums » General

Subject: Having a lot of draw turns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brennan Sheremeto
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've got 3 plays at 2 players done now and I am finding that we go through a large number of rounds where all we do is draw. Is this something that happens more the lower your player coubt is because you have less other turns where you can draw instead of follow?

Still loving the game and it's making me think about trading away 51st state as my go to multi-use card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What are the circumstances in which you find yourselves when you get to alternating draws? Are you sitting on contracted ships trying to find the right color containers to load? Are both your ships at sea and you're having trouble getting them unloaded and back to port?

Generally speaking, I try to look to the two card wild when I'm stymied. Using two cards (even two blue cards) to lead Supply and sell a card to the island clears three cards from your hand and nets you four credits in the process. You're still going to take a draw action, but pulling more cards per draw action means better chances of pulling the cards you need to see. Don't hang on to a card you can't use within a turn or two - dump it to clear your hand and you'll come out ahead in the long run.

Getting a Pirate import (or Import import) early on is a good way to clear your ships and bring them home. Even if you can't use the cards, discard them and roll on.

When I first started playing Glory to Rome 2 players, I would hesitate to lead Craftsman because I was afraid my opponent would follow and then scoop up the card with a Patron action. In reality I was handicapping myself and only later did I learn that it is often the better play to advance my own board and cycle more cards through my hand, even if it may help my opponent at the same time.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennan Sheremeto
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We totally forgot about the 2 card wild rule! Well that is going to eliminate about half of our draw turns right there.

I feel stupid lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.