6 Posts

Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: LCG 1st timer possibly silly question - conflict rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Davies
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, I am yet to play a full game but had a quick run through a round the other day... (making several mistakes after revisiting several rules)

There are 4 conflicts in the conflict phase.

If a character is bowed in the first combat, can they be used in the second one? Or do they have to be readied using a specific card before re-use?

Likewise if one is sent home in one combat, can they be brought forward to engage in a subsequent combat in this round.

I think I probably need to watch a game in progress. All tutorials and the rules only show one combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Van Beurden
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Only ready characters can participate in conflicts. In between conflicts there are action windows in which you can ready (particularly dragon, phoenix and unicorn are good at doing so).

If you are sent home (usually this is unbowed), you are free to MOVE again to the same conflict (mostly unicorn abilities). Afterwards, everybody who is ready is free to participate in subsequent conflicts (whether you were sent home from a conflict or never partiicpated at all).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Davies
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks - I think what confused me is that in the rules it suggests that all characters bow at the end of a conflict.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Van Beurden
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that was shorthand for all participant characters (and then only all participating characters that are still participating ... the ones that were sent home do not count for that)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Iglesias
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note.

Only ready characters may be assigned. But bowed characters may be moved to the conflict afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stevenson
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegarend wrote:
Only ready characters can participate in conflicts.

To follow up on Shkar's post above, note also that participating in a conflict has a distinct rules meaning. As Shkar noted, bowed characters cannot assign to conflicts, but can be otherwise moved into (and stay in) the battle. A character who cannot "participate" in a conflict not only cannot assign or move to the battle, but if they somehow end up in that type of conflict (perhaps because someone played a card changing the conflict type) then they get booted out of the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.