Popular Tags: [View All]
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to sell full/all-in pledge with wave2, when it come, but it looks Ares will make retail for more and more heroes and content, before we will get wave2 (not fair!!!).
Is there anything that is KS exclusive in full pledge? So I will have the chance to get back amount of money I paid for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What is Ares doing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tadej1986 wrote:
I want to sell full/all-in pledge with wave2, when it come, but it looks Ares will make retail for more and more heroes and content, before we will get wave2 (not fair!!!).

This is not true.

Quote:
Is there anything that is KS exclusive in full pledge?

The Hero carrying the banner, Tristan is a KS exclusive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bowmangr wrote:
tadej1986 wrote:

This is not true.

Quote:

Why then is 2 more hero packs listed on BGG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tadej1986 wrote:
Bowmangr wrote:
tadej1986 wrote:

This is not true.

Quote:

You already have those 2 heroes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bowmangr wrote:
tadej1986 wrote:
Bowmangr wrote:
tadej1986 wrote:

This is not true.

Quote:

You already have those 2 heroes...

My point exactly. I have them, but more and more content is in retail already. And in US is everything cheaper in retail than KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bors
msg tools
As there are very few exclusives in this game I would say no you will not make all of your money back. However they were pretty upfront about this during the KS so this shouldnt be too much of an surprise,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bors77 wrote:
As there are very few exclusives in this game I would say no you will not make all of your money back. However they were pretty upfront about this during the KS so this shouldnt be too much of an surprise,

I missed the campaign, and didnt read the comments section.

I was late pledge backer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, where is your evidence that Wave 2 will be released in retail before we backers get it? it is not currently available anywhere. Wave 1 was in our hands long before it started showing up in retail, so I am positive you are completely incorrect about this.

Also, Ares never once claimed that this stuff was not going to be available at retail. They were very, very clear from the outset what would be available later. They were also very, very clear about what would be exclusive, and that most stuff wasn't going to be. You cannot blame them for something you chose to ignore.

That said, there will certainly be a time frame when you can sell your KS with wave 2 before it hits at retail, I am sure there will be somebody who is willing to get it when backers get it instead of waiting.

You are slamming Ares for being consumer friendly by not making a bunch of KS exclusives. They are doing exactly what they should for their backers: giving them product earlier than the general public at a good price. It is not up to them what the OLGS sells at retail, they do not currently control that, so "selling it cheaper" is not what Ares is doing. Boardgames are not speculation, and I think you are completely misunderstanding what KS essentially is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maxfield
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are still getting all the components in completion before the retail release of the same items, which should help with the resale of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadej Vengust
Slovenia
Bistrica pri Tržiču
Slovenia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xookliba wrote:
Wait, where is your evidence that Wave 2 will be released in retail before we backers get it? it is not currently available anywhere. Wave 1 was in our hands long before it started showing up in retail, so I am positive you are completely incorrect about this.

Also, Ares never once claimed that this stuff was not going to be available at retail. They were very, very clear from the outset what would be available later. They were also very, very clear about what would be exclusive, and that most stuff wasn't going to be. You cannot blame them for something you chose to ignore.

That said, there will certainly be a time frame when you can sell your KS with wave 2 before it hits at retail, I am sure there will be somebody who is willing to get it when backers get it instead of waiting.

You are slamming Ares for being consumer friendly by not making a bunch of KS exclusives. They are doing exactly what they should for their backers: giving them product earlier than the general public at a good price. It is not up to them what the OLGS sells at retail, they do not currently control that, so "selling it cheaper" is not what Ares is doing. Boardgames are not speculation, and I think you are completely misunderstanding what KS essentially is.

No Im saying, that more and more wave1 components hit retail, before we got our full pledges (including wave2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It seems that demand for the game is currently exceeding its availability, so if you sell yours right now, you should be able to get a decent price for it.

As for the additional content, everything I've read on the subject suggests that it might be as long as a year before everything in Wave 2 reaches retail.

So while some of that extra content is at retail already, it seems like it will be quite a while yet before everything is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry for your feelings but I must say that your words are not true at all.

The only contents that will be available soon are Victoria and Onamor, both heroes that you already have, assuming that, before the end of this year you will get at 100% the entire Wave 2, while the retail versions of all those contents will see the light during the next year, starting from Arcane Portal during the first months of the 2018 and then proceeding with the other heroes, Darkness Falls and finally Vastaryous' Lair.

So to summarise:
You already have the Core Set + the Exclusive contents + all heroes that will be release in the next year.
You will also get in the next month or so, all the contents about the storyline on the next year.

As last comment, even without counting the KS exclusive contents, are you sure that your pledge is more expensive than the sum of all retail products from now until the end of the 2018? I don't think so.

As far as I know, Ares is reprinting (again) the core set, so I'm pretty sure you will find someone interested in the game as soon as you get the Wave 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karel ter Linden
Netherlands
Schijf
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
Lindoboom Collection
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a to late pledge backer.
But I recieved a mail from Ares with the chance to pledge for the 2nd wave.
I did the Immortal Hero and just recieved today the whole KS version.
Perfect and... fast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schmidt
Germany
flag msg tools
@Simone
Is there a possibility for us backers to get the story books of arcane portal as a printed version, since I assume the addon, when hitting retail next year, will include printed books for buyers?

Or will it also just be a download link?

Best wishes and keep up doing those great board games :-)

Peter
A very pleased backer of the superb s&s pledge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.