Subject: Does a bowed charachter still count his sword rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Cook
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
Cant seem to find this. I'm thinking a bowed character's attachments don't count in battle, even if they are unbowed.

I believe if the character is ready, the attachment counts even if the attachment is bowed.

Does this sound right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Stonewall wrote:
Cant seem to find this. I'm thinking a bowed character's attachments don't count in battle, even if they are unbowed.

I believe if the character is ready, the attachment counts even if the attachment is bowed.

Does this sound right?

If you're asking about attachments that directly give bonuses to their character's skill, their status doesn't matter, as the stat bonuses they give are to the character. It's whether the character is bowed or not that matters during conflict resolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on your meaning. A character's attachments always contribute their bonus to the characters skills, but the character does not count his skills towards the result of a battle at all if he is bowed.

It's an important distinction because you character will still count it's enhanced stats for the purpose of card effects such as Rout or For Shame even if the character is bowed, it's just when determining the result of a conflict that a bowed character's stats are ignored, including attachments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.