Popular Tags: [View All]
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Roxley version of the expansion 100% compatible with the Spin Master base game? (Card size, quality, etc)

Will Spin Master be releasing the expansion as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Zeus, Kickstarter(Roxley), and this SpinMaster edition (that seems crazy but there's a non-interesting and reasonable story behind all that), honestly the card quality is lower in the SpinMaster edition but it's not something to worry about unless you're not planning to get sleeves and you're super-finicky. If you were mixing card types that would probably be noticeable but again fixable with sleeves!

As for compatibility, I can't think of any issues other than what is basically a minor difference in card thickness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From pictures, it seems that the worker models are a bit different. Not optimal for powers with 3+ workers, but pretty minor. You will need to download the rules from the Roxley site since the non-Spin Master edition rules included the expansion. Note that the Spin Master rules have a number of improvements, so use those rules wherever they apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff H
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The minis do not match colors. I painted them to match.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card backs have somewhat different coloration so you can tell what's expansion, what's not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.