Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I scanned the first page of the forums and didn't see this answered. My fiancee and I mostly play 2 players and are enjoying co=ops quite a bit. How does this play as 2-player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt A.
United States
Willoughby
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's great for 2 player. Great for 1-4, actually. The game gets slightly harder with every added player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter and I play it mostly 2-player and I think it plays great.

One thing that you will notice vs. playing at other player counts is that the pressures are different. With 2, you have less special abilities so sometimes it is hard to make sets and travel around. With 4, the player deck seems to run out very quickly.

I say this mainly because if you get used to playing with 2, then you have to play a little differently with more.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic is one of the most played games for my boyfriend and me. It's a great game to play with 2, you can get really good at tackling it.

When you want to experience the pros and cons of different player counts, it's really easy to each control 2 characters. That's something we enjoy a lot too, though I would suggest to play it a few times with just 1 character each before you try this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I play Pandemic as two-player all the time and enjoy it. In some ways it is easier, because you start off with more cards in your hand. The player deck is effectively divided between just two players, instead of 3 or 4 (5 with expansions), which makes card sharing a little easier.

The harder part is that you only have two roles available, which means you are going to have to give up something, such as easier curing, treatment or travel. Some people do like to play with two roles per player, basically turning it into a four player game.

One small variation that my wife and I enjoy is to play a game, then set those two roles aside so they won't be drawn for the next game. We repeat that until we have gone through three games. This ensures that we always have a little variety, and forces us to make different decisions that might not occur if we just stuck to our favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO pandemic plays best with 2 or 4. Worst with 3. Due to how it takes to cure diseases for some reason it just really sucks to have 3 players. You can do it, but it will be harder. My SO and I love playing with just us or with another couple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I often play this, just the two of us.

P.S. we still don't win every game in easy mode. Hmm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's awesome as a 2 player game. Alternatively you can also play 4 roles split amongst two players, gives you a bit more to manage but it's totally doable. I sometimes play solo with 2 or more roles.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juzzo Hawkins
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
is great at all player counts, I would recommend the On the Brink exp also, that will ramp up the difficulty and add a HEAP more variety.
It is easiest at two players but you just an extra epedmic card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Webster
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
My wife and I just recently started getting into board games within the past year and Pandemic is by far our favourite game to play. We mostly play it with just the two of us, but we've had a few games with 4 people and it plays fantastic with both player counts. Like others have said there's some different strategy involved when playing with 2 players or more, but the different challenges are a good thing.

We love it so much that we have added all the expansions as well and now we mix and match things from different modes for whatever we're in the mood to play.

If you try it and enjoy it, Pandemic Legacy is highly recommended!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received this game for my birthday, so glad to hear it plays well with two people. I'm trying to get the wife to play board games again. I think a competitive game fits the bill as we are both too competitive for head to head games...

PS it was the wife that got me this game! lol mb mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John C
United States
Colorado SPrings
Colorado
flag msg tools
I play two player all the time, both with one and two characters each. I just finished up a solo game with four characters. The game is very flexible and good at all player counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
I scanned the first page of the forums and didn't see this answered. My fiancee and I mostly play 2 players and are enjoying co=ops quite a bit. How does this play as 2-player?

My wife and I play, just the two of us, quite often. It is excellent for a two player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Batu K
Turkey
Istanbul
flag msg tools
mb
Pandemic is a great game to play with 2 players. You can always choose 2 characters each and play with 4 characters anyway.

As everyone said, you should follow different strategies in 2p and 4p games. Though, in general, a 2p game is significantly easier than a 4p game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.